Spyder Garage

Question Parked in the sun - RT screen blacked out... Finally, a use for that Warning Tab!

Parked at Walker burger and the sun was directly at the dashboard. Screen blacked out when we started home. All fine now that it has cooled down but had me worried for a bit. Next time I'll try to remember to pull down that silly warning tab and that will solve any heat issues. I also have a cute little quote about touching the bike on the tab.

Lew L
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-07-2023 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I have seen that reported before, and I began watching/participating in SL since I first began my purchasing research in the summer of '14. If I am in a similar riding break situation as yours, which I seldom am, I doff my jacket and throw it over the dash and my handlebar centered GPS mount.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I throw my gauntlet gloves up over the gauge faces on my F3-S. Mine’s not electronic, but maybe it will help keep the orange of the dial faces from fading, as has happened on my wife’s F3-S.

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Parked at Walker burger and the sun was directly at the dashboard. Screen blacked out when we started home. All fine now that it has cooled down but had me worried for a bit. Next time I'll try to remember to pull down that silly warning tab and that will solve any heat issues. I also have a cute little quote about touching the bike on the tab.

Lew L
    Yep. I've been doing that for a few years now. Works!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)