Spyder Garage

Default Taken the MSF 3-wheel course - Received my new license for my Spyder!

Taking the MSF three wheel motorcycle course this weekend. Have been riding my Spyder Sea to Sky a little and feel good. Hope things go well Saturday and Sunday. Really want to get on the road and have fun.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-06-2023 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Enjoy and have fun. Let us know how it goes.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

A tip if you can: Get one of the Rykers they usually use for the course. It's easier to navigate in confined spaces than the Spyder.
    Chip
    2020 RTL
    "Stella by Starlight"
    UltraGard Full Cover, Front & Rear Cup Holders, Elka Stage 2 Rear Shock, TC & Dave Signal Button, Spyder Extras Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Hey Chip, I thought about that too, but I have a 2023 Sea to Sky so maybe it would be better to use the Spider. We will see….. to Sky. Thanks for the advice.

Spyder Garage

Having fun yet?
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    Having fun yet?
    course is over... was a lot of fun and now I can drive my S2S and start having fun.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-09-2023 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Moved Post title - many only see Thread titles, and they mess with Searching too! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Received my new motorcycle license for my Spider today. It is a three-wheel license but at 70 I am not getting on a two-wheel bike anyway. Going out this weekend on my 2023 Sea to Sky for my first legal ride. Time to start another adventure.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-12-2023 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Moved post title after merge ;-)

Spyder Garage

Enjoy the new Spyder S2S.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Have a great time!

2020 Spyder RT Limited; Deep Marsala/Chrome

Formosa AZ01 165/50/R16's on PPA Recluse wheels up front
    General Altimax RT43 215/60/R15 on factory rear

Primary exhaust: RLS Cat delete w/ his baffle; secondary, custom built w/ Flowmaster HS2
    Suspension: BajaRon swaybar (highly recommended!), M2 coil-overs, front & rear (also highly recomended!)
    Extra LED lighting and misc. to suit my needs/wants

Spyder Garage

Enjoy the ride.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It's funny... here in maryland restrictions for glasses is a B restriction and the three wheel restriction is a J Restriction.

So now on the bottom of my license under restrictions it says BJ.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Now, let the games begin… Or should I say “Memories”?……Memories, that the ticket..

Spyder Garage

CHC, where in Maryland are you located ? I'm in Bel Air, north of Baltimore off 95.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just right next to Fort Detrick in the Clover Hill part of Frederick. It's a convenient and beautiful place. Just a few blocks away from TJ drive with all of the doctors and when you search for a store everything is 2-3 miles away.

But I am also just a few blocks away from Hamburg road which takes me up to the top of catoctin mountain on gambrill park road which gives me several roads to access the valley on the other side. It was great for riding the F3 back and forth to work in Hagerstown when I was working in the grow over there. I don't have as far as a drive now that I work for a company here in Frederick that is just a short drive down opossumtown pike to get to work.

Although I have been offered a job as a crew member on the Spirit of Baltimore and was considering getting back in touch with them. I am getting sick of just sitting around inside of a building and the appeal of working on a ship (large Yacht in this case) again is appealing. I just have to deal with the drive between here and the harbor and with the lack of my F3 at the moment that is a no can do with my old silverado.

And believe it or not with my love of spyders I have applied at a couple of dealerships trying to get trained as a tech so I can work on them. I have an old expired Md. 1st class stationary and mobile engineering license from when I was one of the Senior Engineers at the Virginia Hospital Center and I am also an old Microsoft MCSE , I have a dell DCSE, and certified on VMware and ESXi so I am no slouch when it comes to fixing things. But the whole thing of me working at grow for the last couple of years since when the pandemic started and I got laid off from Cisco where I was a systems engineer tends to scare a lot of people off.

Mcole, Have you checked in with the DMV Spyder Ryders on meetup? They are a great group of people to ride with. And just recently I have met several people with the Cumberland County Spyder Ryders in Pa. on a ride that was put together by Brooks Powers sports and look forward to riding with them when I get the F3 back. they have a lot of great rydes they put together. they just did a covered bridges ride through Pa. that was awesome. Another great group you can go Riding with is the Central Maryland motorcycle riders on meetup. They are an open group of great people that like to go out on some fun rides throughout the area.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 10-13-2023 at 05:36 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Congrats - enjoy and stay safe.