Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    Anyone financed a Spyder recently? Debating between paying cash or financing some of it, but it seems like motorcycle rates are 8% and up. I have perfect credit so I should qualify for a good rate but can't find any good info. I hate having to go through applying for credit and taking the ding on my credit only to find out that motorcycle rates are going to be 8-9% no matter what.
    I got 5.99 percent on mine thru road runner financial thru my dealer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JB62 View Post
    Wow that is really good, will have to check into that. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JB62 View Post
    I was able to get 5.99% also for 36 months too with them, thanks for the heads up.

Spyder Garage

Anyone financed a Spyder recently? Debating between paying cash or financing some of it, but it seems like motorcycle rates are 8% and up. I have perfect credit so I should qualify for a good rate but can't find any good info. I hate having to go through applying for credit and taking the ding on my credit only to find out that motorcycle rates are going to be 8-9% no matter what.
    Try your local credit union for motorcycle rates.

I went thru my local credit union.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

So I finally got the thing. Rode home, everything works fine. But I cannot, for the life of me, get CarPlay to show up. I have my bluetooth headset paired, my phone paired, and my phone plugged into the USB port but no CarPlay icon visible anywhere on the screen.

Also my muscle memory for where the brake pedal is almost got me, this brake pedal is way further up than I'm used to. I'm sure I'll get used to it but for now it's weird.

Anyone else getting this to work or is this an "upcoming" software release? Which I guess at least I should be grateful it appears to be OTA capable.

Spyder Garage

So I finally got the thing. Rode home, everything works fine. But I cannot, for the life of me, get CarPlay to show up. I have my bluetooth headset paired, my phone paired, and my phone plugged into the USB port but no CarPlay icon visible anywhere on the screen.

Also my muscle memory for where the brake pedal is almost got me, this brake pedal is way further up than I'm used to. I'm sure I'll get used to it but for now it's weird.

Anyone else getting this to work or is this an "upcoming" software release? Which I guess at least I should be grateful it appears to be OTA capable.
    Check out this thread:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...w-do-I-connect

2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I tried the heated seats on the way home last night, never felt like it did anything. Perusing owner's manual it says they shut off when RPM goes under 800 and do NOT come back on automatically. At least it states this for the *passenger* seat, doesn't say anything about this for driver's seat.

So now I'm not sure if the heated seat doesn't work, or if the driver's seat also turns off at 800RPM. Guess I'll have to try enabling it when I'm at cruising speed to see if I feel anything.
    Last edited by jfischer; 02-15-2024 at 08:31 AM.

Spyder Garage

I tried the heated seats on the way home last night, never felt like it did anything. Perusing owner's manual it says they shut off when RPM goes under 800 and do NOT come back on automatically. At least it states this for the *passenger* seat, doesn't say anything about this for driver's seat.

So now I'm not sure if the heated seat doesn't work, or if the driver's seat also turns off at 800RPM. Guess I'll have to try enabling it when I'm at cruising speed to see if I feel anything.
    Lift up the seat and make sure that the wires are plugged in for the seat, if so remove and plug back up again making sure the plugs mate securely.
    Also, you might check that the plug on the back of the switch is connected properly also. Other than that, return it to the dealer.

Mine does not go below 800 rpm when riding or idling.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I was able to get 5.99% also for 36 months too with them, thanks for the heads up.
    You're welcome sir.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-17-2024 at 05:10 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Lift up the seat and make sure that the wires are plugged in for the seat, if so remove and plug back up again making sure the plugs mate securely.
    Also, you might check that the plug on the back of the switch is connected properly also. Other than that, return it to the dealer.

Mine does not go below 800 rpm when riding or idling.
    So was out riding earlier, tried heated seat again, nothing. For giggles I turned on passenger seat while at a light, figuring I'd feel it when I got home to see if it warmed up. Within 30 seconds MY seat got nice and warm. So I figured they got it backwards. When I got home I popped open the seats and swapped the heated seat cables and all is good now

Spyder Garage

Picked my 2024 RTL up on Feb 16th. Disappointing the ACP does not work after connection the phone via cable and bluetooth and connecting my rider head set via bluetooth. I have heard about the possible software update, so I connected to wifi and it says no updates are available. (Yes you can do updates without going to the dealer.) I feel confident BRP will find a fix, but am disappointed no one at the dealership was aware of the glitch when I was in process of purchasing. In the meantime I plan to do the breakin miles and enjoy the features that do work.

Spyder Garage

Kinda disappointed that the outside temperature display is useless on this bike too. My 2012 was way high all the time, my 2017 was actually pretty spot on. But my new 2024, the outside temp is a least 10 degrees higher than actual, even after a long time of cruising speed.

Spyder Garage

Kinda disappointed that the outside temperature display is useless on this bike too. My 2012 was way high all the time, my 2017 was actually pretty spot on. But my new 2024, the outside temp is a least 10 degrees higher than actual, even after a long time of cruising speed.
    Yeah, that's probably cos it's not really an 'outside air temperature display', it's more of an 'under the tupperware & right on top of the engine' temperature display, right where heat soak from the engine &/or any reflected heat from the road surface will push the displayed temperature well and truly up!!

But there's only one air temp sensor that I can find, so I suspect that it's doing more than just feeding a display on the dash to make the operator comfortable that they know what the ambient riding temp currently is, and it's probably fairly involved in keeping your engine running at its best given the temp of the pre-heated air that the engine is sucking in.... In which case, it's probably a good idea to leave it pretty much as it is, even if it's telling you something that's not quite what you expected/would ever really want to know?!

Just Sayin'
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Yeah, that's probably cos it's not really an 'outside air temperature display', it's more of an 'under the tupperware & right on top of the engine' temperature display, right where heat soak from the engine &/or any reflected heat from the road surface will push the displayed temperature well and truly up!!

But there's only one air temp sensor that I can find, so I suspect that it's doing more than just feeding a display on the dash to make the operator comfortable that they know what the ambient riding temp currently is, and it's probably fairly involved in keeping your engine running at its best given the temp of the pre-heated air that the engine is sucking in.... In which case, it's probably a good idea to leave it pretty much as it is, even if it's telling you something that's not quite what you expected/would ever really want to know?!

Just Sayin'
    Well, be that as it may the temperature displayed on my 2017 was actually correct and matched the true outside temperature or was within a degree or two. On this one it's not even remotely close, just like my 2012 wasn't close either. Kinda surprised they don't read the air intake temp or something that would be more useful.

Spyder Garage

The displayed ambient temp on our 2014 RTS was kind of close, but certainly not accurate.
    As an experiment, I relocated the temp sensor inside the airbox, just prior to the air entering the actual air filter.

What an eye opener that experiment was. The temp of the engines intake air was far hotter than the temp displayed with the sensor at the oem location. Add to this, if the 2 airboxes heat soak while parked, or in traffic, they took a long time of non stop riding, to cool and get close to the lower temps the oem temp sensor location indicated.

That learned, I removed both airboxes and ducts. All were cleaned. Then I applied self adhesive insulation to the exterior of the plastic airboxes and ducts. The temp sensor remained in its new location, sensing the temp of the air fed to the engine.

Large effort, and expensive, but the improvement was well worth it.

The newest body style has omitted the duct on the left side, that ran from the radiator air intake area, up to the airbox. No doubt a simpler installation, and less costly to build with fewer parts. Just not sure how much of the heated air from the radiators is drawn in as intake air.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    The displayed ambient temp on our 2014 RTS was kind of close, but certainly not accurate.
    As an experiment, I relocated the temp sensor inside the airbox, just prior to the air entering the actual air filter.

What an eye opener that experiment was. The temp of the engines intake air was far hotter than the temp displayed with the sensor at the oem location. Add to this, if the 2 airboxes heat soak while parked, or in traffic, they took a long time of non stop riding, to cool and get close to the lower temps the oem temp sensor location indicated.
    Interesting. I probably won't fool with it, who knows what the engine management software does with that value, and if it read differently than what it's currently doing might mess up other stuff. I'll just remember to deduct about 10 degrees from what's shown to get the "real" temperature I guess.

Spyder Garage

Interesting. I probably won't fool with it, who knows what the engine management software does with that value, and if it read differently than what it's currently doing might mess up other stuff. I'll just remember to deduct about 10 degrees from what's shown to get the "real" temperature I guess.
    Was a bunch of work and expense, but the end result gave noticeable improved performance, especially on warm or hot days. Essentially gave cool temp evening ride performance on a hot afternoon.

Engine induction air temp, measured in the airbox before modification would see temps of 25*f or more above ambient. With mods, true temps are typical 2 to 5*f above actual ambient. Simply, cold dense air makes more power.

This one mod I made, is kind of contrary to me knowing Spyders are tourers, not even close to being a racer. But the increased performance is welcomed.

Spyder Garage

Anyone else having issues getting this thing to connect to their WiFi? I have a mesh system with nodes at the front and rear of the house and have good signal strength in the garage. It's enough to stream video from cameras that are mounted outside the garage even. The signal meter on the bike shows all but the top bar filled in but it just will not connect. I suppose it only supports some insecure WPA setting or something that I'll have to screw with every time I want to see if there's an update available.

I also tried the WiFi Hotspot on my phone, it won't even see that one.