Spyder Garage

Default Audio update, Wow!!!

So like most people, I wasn't happy with the audio of '22 F3T especially at highway. Tried around 8 sets of 4"speakers. Sent all back to amazon. So went a different route, I wanted to install a small amp at low cost. Found this Stetsom IR400.4. What a little mighty amp, with stock 2 speakers it's ridiculously loud. I found the connector for a plug and play connection, except for power and ground that is straight to battery with 10awg. And speaker to amp with 16awg speaker wire. The tweeter kept the OEM wire. But it doesn't end here, my buddy is 3D printing an adapter plate to squeeze in some cheap 5.25 speakers. I have for testing, Infinity Reference 5032CFX and pioneer TSA1370. What I learned with this bike is don't waste time with speakers, go straight to an amp and probably that's enough for most people, especially with the 4 speaker bikes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-02-2023 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mandytuning View Post
    So like most people, I wasn't happy with the audio of '22 F3T especially at highway. Tried around 8 sets of 4"speakers. Sent all back to amazon. So went a different route, I wanted to install a small amp at low cost. Found this Stetsom IR400.4. What a little mighty amp, with stock 2 speakers it's ridiculously loud. I found the connector for a plug and play connection, except for power and ground that is straight to battery with 10awg. And speaker to amp with 16awg speaker wire. The tweeter kept the OEM wire. But it doesn't end here, my buddy is 3D printing an adapter plate to squeeze in some cheap 5.25 speakers. I have for testing, Infinity Reference 5032CFX and pioneer TSA1370. What I learned with this bike is don't waste time with speakers, go straight to an amp and probably that's enough for most people, especially with the 4 speaker bikes.
    You can believe what you want to believe ...... but an Amp , any amp will not improve crappy speakers .... Amps do not Create sound, I would challenge any Audio engineer to tell me what Amp is powering any specific speaker. .... This theory is similar to what has been said about " TireRack " tire tests , they ONLY test tires using Auto tires .... and a number of folks here say well it's not valid because they weren't tested on Spyders. .... No one is testing auto tires on Spyders ..... Poorly rated tires on an auto will NOT become Great tires if they are put on a Spyder, and Great tires on an Auto will NOT become poor tires on a Spyder. .... What matters with auto tires are, they MUST be inflated to PSI's that are WEIGHT corrected. ..... JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

On recent five day trip I had my smart phone plugged in using the gps while listening to XM satellite music through the bike's speakers. the sound quality was exceptional and much better than if listening to a FM channel.

Spyder Garage

I never mentioned sound quality, I said it was loud. I can clearly hear the music at 70mph without distortion like the OEM amp used to be at a stop light and yes, it has a crossover in that if you know what you're doing, it helps in quality. For most that will be enough. And did you miss that I'm working on replacing the speakers?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-30-2023 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    On recent five day trip I had my smart phone plugged in using the gps while listening to XM satellite music through the bike's speakers. the sound quality was exceptional and much better than if listening to a FM channel.
    For sure, i was surprised the first time I used on my acura.

Spyder Garage

I am seeing many different opinions here. Just a reminder to "keep it friendly."

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Also remember the newer 2020+ models might not have the same speakers as the older models.

I remember when "Joel The Biker" did his amp upgrade that he stated the OEM speakers were better than the ones he purchased for it, so he returned them and kept the OEM speakers.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    Just out of interest, which model/year are you riding, Baxter?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

2022 F3L Special

Spyder Garage

Probably just another aspect in the minority (I don't do it on purpose. It's just me).

I don't listen to music when I ride. But if I did. I think I'd go with my helmet speakers. Probably not the best fidelity. But road & wind noise at 70 mph (when I ride that slow) surely degrades the best of any audio system. I don't think I could enjoy my favorite music in that condition.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-10-2023 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Is 5.25" what the OEM speakers are???? ..... and pic #3 looks like a computer fan (which I have used on a couple of V-twin Spyders for cooling purposes..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-30-2023 at 05:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Is 5.25 " what the OEM speakers are ???? ..... and pic #3 looks like a computer fan (which I have used on a couple of V-twin Spyders for cooling purposes.....Mike
    No, those are bigger, if you read my first post, I mentioned a 3d printed adapter plate was in process to squeeze the 5.25, the fan is a 3 " server fan that you find on Amazon. It is attached behind the frunk keeping the amp happy.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-30-2023 at 05:13 PM.

Spyder Garage

No, those are bigger, if you read my first post, I mentioned a 3d printed adapter plate was in process to squeeze the 5.25, the fan is a 3 " server fan that you find on Amazon. It is attached behind the frunk keeping the amp happy.
    Thanks .... I read your first post ....however I didn't memorize it I'll try to do better in the future ...... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-30-2023 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Hi. Can you send link where do you buy plug n play cables for AMP? Thnx )