Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poppie65 View Post
    These are on my short list as well, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen a rise in coolant temps with them in place. I doubt that it would show on the "Temp" gauge unless its a drastic change, and I'm unaware if its possible to get the true coolant temp via the diagnostics port.

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppie65 View Post
    Hey there, I'm curious if you had opportunity to ride more after removing the covers. See any difference in fan run frequency or duration?
    Hey Poppies65, one guy said he added screen to his grills to keep the bugs out. Wonder if that made any change to the temp on the Spyder. Ride safe wear your gear and watch out for the cagers, but most of all enjoy the ride. GDoc

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2024 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    2016 RTS SE6 , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I have the KOTT grill covers and ended up not installing them on my 2022 because I could not get them in place without bending them. Anyone have any suggestions? Yes, I followed the instructions.
    Scott (slhanks004)
    Gilbert, AZ USA

2022 Spyder RT Limited - Carbon Black
    • Pedal commander
    • Baja Ron sway bar
    • TricLED tail lights
    • TricLED driving lights
    • Corbin seat
    • BRP rider backrest
    • Lamonster topcuff (2) w/ RAM mounts
    • 12v/USB docking station
    • Garmin Zumo XT
    • RLS cat delete pipe
    • IPS highway pegs
    • IPS belt tensioner
    2022 RT-L , Carbon black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by slhanks004 View Post
    I have the KOTT grill covers and ended up not installing them on my 2022 because I could not get them in place without bending them. Anyone have any suggestions? Yes, I followed the instructions.
    They are a little tricky/frustrating for sure. You may need to flex them a little but not enough to bend them. You just need to get them in the right angle, and they will slide right in. My Right side was a lot easier than the left which I did 1st.

Also watch the install video, it helps a lot.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Thank you GDoc, I'll my eye out for any updates.

There are so many variables that have to be taken in consideration (ambient temp, RPMs, ride vs idle time, etc.) And also, the Spyder owner would have had to have been paying attention to water temp, fan cycles, and so on.

I'm not sure that we'll know for certain without tapping into the diagnostics and recording before & after under very similar conditions.

Edit...In the news earlier this week I read a report of a double emergence this spring of cicadas in different areas of the USA. This may entice me to go ahead and pull the trigger on the grill guards.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/ra...time-221-years
    Last edited by Poppie65; 01-27-2024 at 07:23 AM. Reason: added news link
    2023 S2S
    Shoei RF-1400 Helmets
    Cardo Freedom 4x comms

Both riders USMC vets
    2023 Sea to Sky , Green Shadow