Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Just finished installing my new Spyderpops KOTT Grille.

I just finished installing these grilles on my 2022 Spyder RTL. All pretty straightforward and the result looks good - a huge improvement to the original look in my opinion.
    The instructions are reasonably clear to follow and the parts all fit together nicely.
    One addition would be that a right angle drive battery screwdriver would be useful to install the mounting blocks. There is limited room to manoeuvre a regular screwdriver and no room for a battery drill with a screwdriver bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kind regards ... Stuart

2022 Spyder RTL
    1952 Royal Enfield 350 Bullet, 1990 Royal Enfield 350 Bullet

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

....A very clean look.
    I have been thinking of doing this for my
    2016 RTL Spyder.
    How much time does it take to do?

TIA Little Blue .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

These are on my short list

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Took me about an hour or so to do.
    Kind regards ... Stuart

2022 Spyder RTL
    1952 Royal Enfield 350 Bullet, 1990 Royal Enfield 350 Bullet

Spyder Garage

After my first fall season, I put these babies on in the spring after having to clear out a bunch of leaves that made their way in and around the radiator. Money well spent.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I've got them too. They look really good with LED lights behind them

Spyder Garage

Just installed mine also on a 2023 S2S. I used a very small drill first. Then I used a Dewalt 3/8 drive racket driver, so it was easier to put the screws in place. And yes, they look good also.
    2023 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

I have them on our 22 RTL, They should have come as factory equipment !! They are something that is Needed, It should be everyone's first mod !
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

I just installed them also. We were in rural Nebraska, and I had to go to a car wash and use the vacuum to clean the grasshoppers out several times. We were also in Missouri, so I stopped at Lamonster's and got them. Easy to install and I'm lucky enough to have a battery powered right angled screwdriver. Lamonster has good videos.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    ....A very clean look.
    I have been thinking of doing this for my
    2016 RTL Spyder.
    How much time does it take to do?

TIA Little Blue .....
    The 2016 grills look a bit different than the 2020+ models. They don't have that "fin" coming into the Kott grill. I have the 2015 RTL model there are small plastic blocks that get screwed into body work first, then the Kott grills get screws into plastic blocks. A bit of small work needs to be done, but finished with a battery drill
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

I bought a small 1/4 drive set. Has screwdriver and hex drives as well as sockets. Probably fit in there.ii_1_9206_6.jpg

Spyder Garage

One of the reasons that I switched from the RTL to the F3L is the front end design. I gave up some stowage space in the frunk but do not miss cleaning out radiator grilles from all the road debris.

Spyder Garage

I added some aluminum window screening to help prevent bigger pieces getting past the grills.
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2022 Spyder RTL- dark trim
    1969 Plymouth Barracuda 340-S Fastback
    1969 Barracuda, 6.1 Hemi restomod, convertible
    1970 Plymouth Superbird, 440-6bbl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RealWing View Post
    I added some aluminum window screening to help prevent bigger pieces getting past the grills.
    Jim
    I purchased some stainless screen to do the same thing with.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

These are on my short list as well, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen a rise in coolant temps with them in place. I doubt that it would show on the "Temp" gauge unless its a drastic change, and I'm unaware if its possible to get the true coolant temp via the diagnostics port.

Thanks in advance!
    2023 Sea to Sky , Green Shadow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poppie65 View Post
    These are on my short list as well, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen a rise in coolant temps with them in place. I doubt that it would show on the "Temp" gauge unless its a drastic change, and I'm unaware if its possible to get the true coolant temp via the diagnostics port.

Thanks in advance!
    No difference at all. They don't block any appreciable air flow, if kept clean.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

I ended up putting in extra screens as well on the 23 RTL. I had a 19 RTL that I bought used that had no extra screen and it ran hot. It’s really hard to get all the bugs out of the radiators when plugged. The 23 runs much cooler and I attribute that to cleaner radiators.
    2023 RT Limited , Red/ black

Spyder Garage

When I go on trips, I'll just wire on some finer screen to the outside and remove when home.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Just a couple notes;

Harbor Freight got the little racheting right angle screwdriver set for about $3. Cheap, but I never broke one. Got a set in every tool box I got. They real handy.

One other thing, you can get stainless steel screen wire (304 or 316) from Amazon, and probably a lot of other places on the web. It will outlast aluminum and stronger. It is not expensive, for the smaller pieces, and they have several different mesh sizes. I used some of it to build a new air intake to replace the broken plastic crap on my air compressor. It is handy for a lot of things, and lasts way longer than aluminum.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poppie65 View Post

Thanks in advance!
    Interesting question….. I have had mine on for a while and my sense is the fan is coming on more often and staying on for longer.

Also the ambient temperature runs very warm especially when stopped. I’m not sure where the sensor is for the ambient temperature but yesterday in stop/start traffic with (I guess) ambient temp in the mid eighties the gauge fluctuated a lot but a one point registered 115 degrees.

I took them off this morning to see if I notice any difference
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Palm Desert)
    Grey - dark edition

2015 Spyder F3 S (Vancouver)

2017 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PeterKelly View Post
    Interesting question….. I have had mine on for a while and my sense is the fan is coming on more often and staying on for longer.

Also the ambient temperature runs very warm especially when stopped. I’m not sure where the sensor is for the ambient temperature but yesterday in stop/start traffic with (I guess) ambient temp in the mid eighties the gauge fluctuated a lot but a one point registered 115 degrees.

I took them off this morning to see if I notice any difference
    Hey there, I'm curious if you had opportunity to ride more after removing the covers. See any difference in fan run frequency or duration?
    2023 S2S
    Shoei RF-1400 Helmets
    Cardo Freedom 4x comms

Both riders USMC vets

Spyder Garage

Bought one of these for my install. Worked slick ..
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BWYNYBRK...t_details&th=1

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Bought one of these for my install. Worked slick ..
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BWYNYBRK...t_details&th=1
    Great idea!
    Nice little complement to the tool box too.
    2023 S2S
    Shoei RF-1400 Helmets
    Cardo Freedom 4x comms

Both riders USMC vets

Spyder Garage

Hey Stuart, the Kott Grilles are awesome. I just finished installing mine on my 2016 Can-Am Spyder RTS SE6. Easy, only problem I had was not enough screws. You need a total of 16. I think the little bag had only 13 or 14. I had a few and finished the install. I called and spoke with Spyderpops and the guy who designed the Kott grilles. He said when he first designed the grilles, the plastic support blocks only had the sticky glue. He said that was not enough and the screws were added. I used an adhesive glue stick by 3M, I found them on Amazon. The adhesive sticks work great. I've ordered a few more when I install my LED strip lights under the Spyder. I want to have plenty on hand.

Ride safe, wear your gear, watch out for the cagers, but most of all, enjoy the ride, GDoc.

IMG_20220624_190517_327 (1).jpg

20240118_164054.jpg

20240118_180622.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2024 at 07:20 AM.
    2016 RTS SE6 , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Hi Little Blue, I also have a 2016 Can-Am Spyder RTS SE6 Orbital Blue. They are easy to install. Lamonstergarage.com has a great video on how too. Have a few extra screws on hand. Mine came with 13 or 14. I sense called Spyderpops and spoke with the guy, can't remember his name that designed the Kott grills. He told me when he designed the Kott grills he didn't design them first with the screw which is what holds the little plastic block in place, it was only held on by a sticky glue, they would come off.

He realized the plastic support blocks needed more support and that's when he added the screw to the little block. I would suggest to pick up some adhesive promoter, I found them on Amazon, made by 3M. I picked up the stick version which works great. Just take note that the 3M Adhesive promoters glue sticks are a one-time use only. What I'm saying is clean everything real good with alcohol the area where you're going to put the little plastic supports blocks there's eight areas four on each side of the Spyder. Used the adhesive promoter by applying the 3M glue in each of those areas. Once the areas are dry you can install the the support blocks.

That’s one thing you have to do is you have to wait and make sure the area is dry. I would suggest you order a few extra of the 3M adhesive promoter I think they come in packs of one or four maybe five, but you never know when you need them if you ever decide to add LED lights underneath your Spyder you better have plenty of these adhesive promoter glue sticks, you'll need them.

Ride safe and always wear your gear and watch out for cagers. Most of all enjoy the ride, GDoc.

20240118_180622.jpg 20210117_155802 (1).jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2024 at 07:19 AM.
    2016 RTS SE6 , Orbital Blue