Spyder Garage

Default Anyone doctored their 2021 F3 Top Case Back Rest?

My wife and I are still adjusting, rather well, to our new to us F3. But she has mentioned the difference in the backrest compared to our 2013 RT Mustang backrest. She feels "pushed back" when I speed up. No, I'm not really twisting the throttle so don't tell me to "backoff the throttle!"

My question is, has anyone doctored their passenger backrest? I'm thinking of trying to tilt it forward with spacers at the top as that is where she feels it could work for her. Or maybe going to an upholsterer with the bike and her and having it 'adjusted and re-covered'. She feels that a 1/2 inch or so would be enough. I know, not much of an add on. But moving positions small amounts can make a huge difference in comfort. The rest of the stock seat seems fine.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-22-2023 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Perhaps you could ride to an auto upholstery shop and see what they can do with some foam. Just a thought.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

Yes MNBK, after looking at it this morning I think that would be the only option. No way to tilt if forward. I'm going to wait until I get rid of the BRP arm rests anyway. The previous owner has the stock grips and my wife wants those. She feels she might sit better with the grips instead of the arm rests.

Spyder Garage

A local auto upholstery shop charged $60 to add enough padding to create a lumbar support. They said there is ample vinyl material to pull over additional padding and still be able to re-staple it. MUCH more comfortable.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Thank-you Jetfixer. That will probably be what we end up doing at some point. I'm waiting to hear about the stock grips from the previous owner. My wife does not like the BRP arm rests he installed, she thinks that it will improve her seating and help getting on and off as well. I do not like them either. She also thinks she would rather have the heated grips back on. Evil '13 had heated grips. When need, they are nice for her.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-01-2023 at 09:02 PM. Reason: had had ... ;-)

Spyder Garage

downside to the grips is if you do a lot of mountain or twistie riding. My wife hated them doing a lot of curvy roads. Installed the armrests and now she is happy
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Happy Wife, Happy Life!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

rjinaz86323; My wife HATES the armrests. Period. They will be replaced.