Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT Ltd Cruise Control doesn't work - intermittently - any hints?

Actually sometimes it does, sometimes not. Any hints?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-22-2023 at 11:46 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

CC can be canceled by using the brakes or changing the speed. Sounds like the bike would still be under warranty so I’d take it to a dealer.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

The few times I can not get the CC to engage, it turns out my revs are to low, so after a downshift it engages as normal. Going too slow on high gear will disable the CC it seems like.
    Hope you figure out what cause yours to fail !
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    CC can be canceled by using the brakes or changing the speed. Sounds like the bike would still be under warranty so I’d take it to a dealer.
    " changing the speed " ..... well I have a 14 RT and if I use the throttle to accelerate .... after I release the throttle my speed returns to what ever it was before I accelerated ..... Mike ......

Spyder Garage

do you have the year of RT that has the recall on the brake spring? Or might not have the recall on 2020, but might hang up sometimes and not let cruise control ON? Watch your foot placement, not to EVEN touch a sideways motion of petal, might NOT let CC engage
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Sometime , after I slow down and brake I find the CC does not engage , so I turn it off and on again and it works.

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey4201 View Post
    Actually sometimes it does, sometimes not. Any hints?
    Mike, If you haven't had the Brake/Spring recall done then I would say your brake switch is staying engaged. Before the recall was a thing that's how I figured out my brake light switch was bad the cruise kept kicking offline, took a couple of days and then the switch went bad completely.
    2001 Honda CBR 929 (145k miles)
    2010 MV Agusta Brutale 990 (55k miles)
    2015 MV Agusta Brutale 675 (25k miles)
    2021 Spyder RT LTD (24k miles)

Spyder Garage

I had a brake spring issue that cause trouble with the Cruise.
    Cleaned the switch area and fabricated a helper spring to pull the brake pedal up tightly against the brake stop.
    No subsequent issues.
    Good luck.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

In 8 years of owning RTs and many years before that on Goldwings I have never switched the cruise control off, I leave it on permanently. Whenever I need CC I just select it. Never had any problems with that system through doing that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flier Tuck View Post
    In 8 years of owning RTs and many years before that on Goldwings I have never switched the cruise control off, I leave it on permanently. Whenever I need CC I just select it. Never had any problems with that system through doing that.

There is activation of the CC and there is turning it on/off. I do the same thing, leave it on ready when I want to set it and either cancel it with the brake or turn it off. Then I immediately turn it on again so it's ready next time I need it. The Goldwing CC worked a little differently, but pretty much the same.

IMG_2180.jpg IMG_2179.jpg IMG_2178.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-24-2023 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Its... ;-)
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flier Tuck View Post
    Same with my 14 RT .....Mike