Spyder Garage

Default 2019 F3T mirror covers popping off while riding.

I'm here hoping I'm not the only person to have to my problem. I have on two separate occasions hit a bumpy/rutted highway and had the mirror cover just pop off and skid down the highway. I have the Lamonster Mirror locks and thank goodness, because I have no doubt they'd have come off also. This last week we were going up to the top of Glacier National and the road was tore up, consequently there were ruts all over the road for 10 miles. Lost one again, had to stop traffic to retrieve it. Ended up using zip ties to keep them on.

Would appreciate knowing if there's a recall, or a permanent fix other than the zip ties. Thanks much

Darlene

Spyder Garage

I ran a bit of black automotive tape around the join.

Spyder Garage

I also had a mirror cover pop off when I hit a really bad pothole that I couldn't avoid when rounding a turn on a back road. Didn't even notice it was gone for a couple of days, The only solution I could think of is to pop them off, then use epoxy on the on the clips when popping them back on.
    Thunder's just the noise. Lightning does the work.

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I used a touch of electrical tape to get home lol.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmjweber45 View Post
    I also had a mirror cover pop off when I hit a really bad pothole that I couldn't avoid when rounding a turn on a back road. Didn't even notice it was gone for a couple of days, The only solution I could think of is to pop them off, then use epoxy on the on the clips when popping them back on.
    It's sad that we have to worry about this, but thanks for the idea...

Spyder Garage

Darly, there’s no need to worry about the mirror assembly coming off the F3-T models if you haven’t got Lamont’s vibration kit installed. The stock bolts keep them on, but they don’t stop vibration, which is what Lamont’s kit addresses.
    Also, if you squeeze the mirror cover prong receptors in the mirror assembly a little tighter, that usually prevents the covers from dislodging…….but of course, you do have to pull a little harder to remove them if you want to access the assembly.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks Pete. I will probably try a little bit of all of the suggestions lol. I'm scared that someone is going to run over them now. Thanks so much!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by darly58 View Post
    Thanks Pete. I will probably try a little bit of all of the suggestions lol. I'm scared that someone is going to run over them now. Thanks so much!
    I don’t blame you being scared, darly. I tightened my receptors after a mirror cover fell off my ‘16 F3-L, but I also put a strip of tape along the bottom.

Fortunately, CanAm appear to have slightly modded the receptors from ‘21 on, so my ‘21RT feels much tighter and hasn’t experienced any issues……bugger…..I shouldn’t have said that

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Good to know Pete!

Spyder Garage

i put a little silicone on the clips and clear tape on the bottom
    2019 f3t , titanium