Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3 with Fault code P0122 - where is the TAS ECM?

Recently, I bought a new aftermarket spare key and coded the chip using BUDS2. However, after several miles, Check engine light kept on blinking and limp home mode appeared.

As the error code says: It's a TAS ECM fault... If so, can someone tell me the location of that sensor?

thanks!

Spyder Garage

I am going through this right now. First look at the 6 pin connector connector on the right side of your bike. Watch lamaonster’s video on the pedal box. That connector remove the safety lock pin and pull apart. Make sure they are all clean and tight. Next in line, the TAS is located inside the twist throttle. If that is bad read this thread to replace. Read this thread towards the end. To explain the exact part. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...06-Please-help. I have 2 questions just out of curiousity? Does your cruise control and heater grips work? Do you have a spyder cuff? Before looking at he twist throttle, check your ohms listed in this thread and also pull the main relay. Remove battery and touch positive and negative together. Then connect and see if works. Finally turn key on, don’t start but twist the throttle slowly from start to full 5 times. Turn off and back on and see if that cures it. If it is the sensor is going bad. I’ve learned a lot about this over the past couple weeks.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 09-18-2023 at 10:38 AM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    I am going through this right now. First look at the 6 pin connector connector on the right side of your bike. Watch lamaonster’s video on the pedal box. That connector remove the safety lock pin and pull apart. Make sure they are all clean and tight. Next in line, the TAS is located inside the twist throttle. If that is bad read this thread to replace. Read this thread towards the end. To explain the exact part. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...06-Please-help. I have 2 questions just out of curiousity? Does your cruise control and heater grips work? Do you have a spyder cuff? Before looking at he twist throttle, check your ohms listed in this thread and also pull the main relay. Remove battery and touch positive and negative together. Then connect and see if works. Finally turn key on, don’t start but twist the throttle slowly from start to full 5 times. Turn off and back on and see if that cures it. If it is the sensor is going bad. I’ve learned a lot about this over the past couple weeks.
    Well, when the check engine blinks, cruise control fails. Also, if I turned off the ignition and turned it back on, the bike starts smoothly for some meters.
    Plus when it blinks, whenever I press on brakes, the throttle fails also, when I release the brakes, the throttle works..

Spyder Garage

Disconnect the 6 pin connector first. clean and connect. Next turn bike off, turn key on without engine started and turn throttle. You should hear a ringing noise. Turn that throttle slowly 5 times and turn key off. (Basically reprogramming the throttle sensor) See if Code comes on. Next pull the 40 amp relay (main), remove the battery connectors and touch them together to kill all current in machine. Wait for 30 seconds and connect and start machine. (This resets the machine) See if code comes back. Next check the ohms reading on the pins of the 6 pin connector. Finally replace the sensor. Refer to other thread for number. The cruise and heated grips are connected together and house the TAS sensor. So both cruise and heated grips should fail. Are they turning on to begin with before the code appears? If they didn’t fail then the sensor would be fine. If they are failing then a good chance the sensor on that harness is bad. This is atleast what I had to go through and the steps I followed to determine the bad sensor along with some great help from snowbelt and Bert!
    Last edited by Wmoater; 09-18-2023 at 11:09 AM.

Spyder Garage

The sensor is located inside the right twist throttle handle/ body housing. It is built into the cruise control and heating grip harness. Heated Throttle Grip Assembly shown on the Steering Diagram - 709402720. The sensor is not separated it can’t be removed from what I saw.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    The sensor is located inside the right twist throttle handle/ body housing. It is built into the cruise control and heating grip harness. Heated Throttle Grip Assembly shown on the Steering Diagram - 709402720. The sensor is not separated it can’t be removed from what I saw.
    First of all thank you so much for your help!!

And yeah, the cruise control and heated grips are not working even when the check engine is not alerting. There's a chance of 70% that the problem was on the key !!!!!!! when I started using the main key, it's working so smooth till now.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

BUDS2 on a model year 2015 Spyder?
    After market key?
    Coded the chip with BUDS2?

So many things wrong here.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238