Spyder Garage

Default Northern New Hampshire, mini vacation

Sue and I just got back from Mount Washington area. We arrived on Thursday. Was a very nice day for a ride. Stayed in North Conway. Friday we rode thru Crawford Notch over to Bethlehem, then down past Sugar Bush. Arrived in Lincoln. Sue had to stop at Dunkin Donuts for a refresher drink. Rode the Kancamagus Highway. Great ryde. Arrived back at the hotel. Met a real nice couple from Quebec. They were ryding a 2021 Ltd, pulling a trailer. Next day I led them through Hurricane Mountain Road and thru Evans Notch over to Jefferson; down to Twin Mountain; then down to Lincoln; and finally, the Kancamagus Highway. Did 185 miles and had a great time. Oh yeah, we tried to go up the access road to Mt. Washington, but they had the road closed due to wind speeds over 100 hundred miles per hour. The couple from Quebec were able to go to the top today. Sue and I headed for home. Had a good trip and missed Hurricane Lee. Bruce
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-17-2023 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Great area, we love the riding in the White Mountains.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    Sue and I just got back from Mount Washington area. We arrived on Thursday. Was a very nice day for a ride. Stayed in North Conway. Friday we rode thru Crawford Notch over to Bethlehem, then down past Sugar Bush. Arrived in Lincoln. Sue had to stop at Dunkin Donuts for a refresher drink. Rode the Kancamagus Highway. Great ryde. Arrived back at the hotel. Met a real nice couple from Quebec. They were ryding a 2021 Ltd, pulling a trailer. Next day I led them through Hurricane Mountain Road and thru Evans Notch over to Jefferson; down to Twin Mountain; then down to Lincoln; and finally, the Kancamagus Highway. Did 185 miles and had a great time. Oh yeah, we tried to go up the access road to Mt. Washington, but they had the road closed due to wind speeds over 100 hundred miles per hour. The couple from Quebec were able to go to the top today. Sue and I headed for home. Had a good trip and missed Hurricane Lee. Bruce
    SugarBush ....Lincoln ???? were you in Vermont ???? .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Oops, Mike you are right. it was Cannon Mountain. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    Gone but not forgotten

Spyder Garage

Glad you weren't in my neighborhood ( and didn't let me know beforehand ) ......BECAUSE between Sugarbush & Lincoln ( in Vermont ) there is a mountain road that rivals the like s of " the Dragón " or the " Rattler " ...... It is the Steepest paved road in Vermont with a 24% grade, plus it's one of the Twisti-est roads I've ever been on ..... and it's only 8 miles from my house. ...... it will be closed in three weeks and re-open May 15, ......Thanks for the info ....Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Glad you weren't in my neighborhood ( and didn't let me know beforehand ) ......BECAUSE between Sugarbush & Lincoln ( in Vermont ) there is a mountain road that rivals the like s of " the Dragón " or the " Rattler " ...... It is the Steepest paved road in Vermont with a 24% grade, plus it's one of the Twisti-est roads I've ever been on ..... and it's only 8 miles from my house. ...... it will be closed in three weeks and re-open May 15, ......Thanks for the info ....Mike
    Mike, is that the mountain pass road that you took me on when I visited you. Remember that I was right down in first gear on my manual tranny. I think you called it smugglers pass?

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Is it route 17?
    New to Sue and I
    Gone but not forgotten

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    Mike, is that the mountain pass road that you took me on when I visited you. Remember that I was right down in first gear on my manual tranny. I think you called it smugglers pass?

Al in Kazoo
    I loooooooooooooooooooove Smuggler's NOTCH, and yes up near the top it gets extremely tight on the Stowe side of the mountain for the last 5-6 turns ..... But no this is a different mountain Rd. .... I didn't even know about it when you were here. .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Is it route 17?
    Rt. 17 ....Nope ..... this is near 17 but it's 5 mi. south .... it goes over the same mtn. range .... but it makes RT 17 look tame in comparision ..... 24% grade

Spyder Garage

Mike is it the Lincoln gap road? Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    Gone but not forgotten

Spyder Garage

Mike is it the Lincoln gap road? Bruce
    YES .... Just got back from a rideover that Gap ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Was up in that area a few weeks ago. Rode through southern Ohio then North through Eastern PA. into NY. and then over through Vt. and Northern NH. Went back through northern VT. and NY. and down through Middle Pa? OH. IN. then Ky.