Spyder Garage

Default 2019 RT Ltd won't start - Codes U3E0C and U3001 - any ideas?

I have an issue with my 2019 RT Ltd. It would start the other day. Now there's Nothing, no gauges, no lights, nothing. I tried a similar battery (250 CCA instead of 350 CCA), and the gauges light up, horn worked, but no starting. It does not even turn over. I expected that. I put in another battery for a test, this time it was a 320CCA, still not 350CCA but close enough for a test. Same result, gauges light up, horn works, no start. This time I noticed I could remove the E-Brake but now I cannot put the E-brake back on. I checked for error codes, and this is what I got... "U3E0C and U3001". what does this mean and is it the root of all my problems? Please advise if you know what it could be.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-16-2023 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

From what I can see, U3E0C is a TCM issue, MOST LIKELY caused by under voltage; and I can't find the other code....

But I can tell you that these Spyder things are EXTREMELY Power Hungry and EVEN MORE EXTREMELY sensitive to any lack of power, and from what you've told us, even with the 2nd battery, a lack of sufficient suitable power would be the first place I'd look for a cause.

So I'd guess that your 'under-powered battery' may well be at least a significant part of your problem!

Just Sayin'

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-16-2023 at 04:39 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

What Peter says, plus have you cleaned all the terminals? Also, try removing any other wires from the battery and see if it changes.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You have two options:

(1) replace the battery with a new one now and enjoy Autumn riding.

(2) Fuss with batteries, etc for six weeks and then replace the battery in time to winterize your Spyder.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BertRemington View Post
    You have two options:

(1) replace the battery with a new one now and enjoy Autumn riding.

(2) Fuss with batteries, etc for six weeks and then replace the battery in time to winterize your Spyder.
    .... and let's add .... get the Proper sized battery - and then use STAR washers under the terminals ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-16-2023 at 10:56 PM. Reason: the... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your input!

Spyder Garage

I have a fresh correct sized battery coming. Were I live I have very limited resources for parts and it takes a while to get things shipped to us. There is a Can-Am dealer here BUT they do not sell or service Spyders. They did have a proper sized battery which I bought (exactly as the original). I got home, checked the voltage, and it was 0.0 volts. Charged it overnight still no voltage! To satisfy my need to double check everything, I still installed it and of course absolutely nothing worked. I returned to the dealer and even they were, pardon the pun... "shocked" to see 0.0 volts. Personally, I have never seen a battery completely discharged down to 0.0 volts before, so that was a defective battery. The dealership is trying to locate another one for me. So until then, I wait patiently as the season slowly closes in on me.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-17-2023 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

A battery that is flat will not charge a bit in 50 years on a charger! Good luck with your new battery and even that battery should be charged up to snuff before you put it in!! Good Luck, there's nothing more frustrating than an electrical Gremlin!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BCRyder View Post
    I have a fresh correct sized battery coming. Were I live I have very limited resources for parts and it takes a while to get things shipped to us. There is a Can-Am dealer here BUT they do not sell or service Spyders. They did have a proper sized battery which I bought (exactly as the original). I got home, checked the voltage, and it was 0.0 volts. Charged it overnight still no voltage! To satisfy my need to double check everything, I still installed it and of course absolutely nothing worked. I returned to the dealer and even they were, pardon the pun... "shocked" to see 0.0 volts. Personally, I have never seen a battery completely discharged down to 0.0 volts before, so that was a defective battery. The dealership is trying to locate another one for me. So until then, I wait patiently as the season slowly closes in on me.
    Zero Volt's ..... I wonder if anyone filled that Battery with ACID ?????? .............JMHO .....Mike

Spyder Garage

You might try this from Amazon:

MotoBatt DB Electrical MBTX24U New Battery for Motobatt Battery 25Ah, Brp Can-Am, Bimota, Spyder, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Artic Cat, Suzuki, Brp Ski-doo SY50-N18L-AT 12N18-3A Y50-N18A-A Y50-N18L-A MotoBatt DB Electrical MBTX24U New Battery for… $125.13

Al in Kazoo
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-18-2023 at 04:32 PM. Reason: ' 's ;-)
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Blueknight911, That is the only resaon i can possibly imagine as to why a battery (standard lead acid or AGM lead acid) would ever have 0.0 volts! From the dealership, they state, and it truely is, a sealed battery, maintainence free. Straight from the factory these come charged and acid filled so this must have been missed at the factory. Anyhow the dealership told me that if i pried open the battery to add acid they would not honour the warrenty. So, they just gave me my money back and i now have the exact same YUASA battery ordered on line and it will be here quicker than if the dealership ordered it.

Spyder Garage

For all that replied to my post concerning my error codes and bike not starting. (Literally not doing a damn thing until I swapped out batteries for a test). I have a fresh, brand-new battery installed as of today and the "Old Pumpkin" is alive and on the road again (for what is left of my riding season). Thank you for all your input, greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-27-2023 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Litter... ;-)

Spyder Garage

For all that replied to my post concerning my error codes and bike not starting. (Literally not doing a damn thing until I swapped out batteries for a test). I have a fresh, brand-new battery installed as of today and the "Old Pumpkin" is alive and on the road again (for what is left of my riding season). Thank you for all your input, greatly appreciated.
    Glad you got this sorted out .... Glad the dealer did the right thing ...... ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND use Star washers on the terminals ..... I have never heard of anyone here that used Star washers and ever had a loose connection .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-28-2023 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Styar washjers....;-)