Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

You should have uninsured motorist coverage on your policy
    2023 RT L , Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Well, this will have to be my last post on the subject for a while as what happened today will probably require it.

My insurance got in touch today and we called Diamond MotorSports in dover and they will be picking up the Crawler to take care of her.
    CHC,
    Diamond Motor Sports is my local dealer, and I know the GM and many of the staff there very well. They should treat you well. PM me if you need any assistance or a direct contact.
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]

Spyder Garage

As above, If you have full coverage on Crawler, you should have uninsured/under insured coverage?

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As an accident survivor, myself, I can tell you this shakes you to your core. I was hit head on while riding two wheels (custom built BMW K75LT) in 1993. By the Grace of God and good gear (ATGATT girl here), I walked away with only bruises and one very angry sciatic nerve. I remember making the conscious decision to launch myself off the bike once I realized that the teenage driver had NOT seen me and pulled out in front of me with NO time to take any evasive action. The front of the bike struck her hood at dead center and I was flipped over the handlebars onto the hood of the car. Had I stayed with the bike, I am sure my legs would have been severely broken as the forks (what was left of them) were where my feet had been. Relatively slow speed, I was doing 25 and she had just taken off from stop. I did not ride for nearly 20 years ... and that's saying a lot because I had more miles on two than in my car (pushing 200K miles in a little over 7 years of riding). We bought our first Spyder in 2012 and hubby made the mistake (?) of handing the keys to me one day ... now on my third Spyder (have a 2016 RT Ltd and 2018 F3 Ltd). I am perfectly capable of riding a two wheeler ... but choose three and also choose the Spyder over a traditional trike.

To this day, when I get ready for a ride ... I still get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach; I use that to keep my senses keen and to help me stay focused on the task at hand. On the rare days where that feeling is not there, I don't ride ... I figure it's the universe telling me, "not today."

Give yourself some grace, Clover ... you have been through a trauma and it takes time to heal. Best of luck as you travel the insurance gammet ... prayers for full recovery.

All the best .... Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

No real updates to provide other than waiting on some information, but I did have one thing I wanted to mention and give a shout out to besides the gear that protected me was the Tackform Mount that Motorcycle Dave sold to me.

This is the second time it has been tested by fire with a major hit to the Spyder and it never let go of my phone. It was still in place and intact after my accident.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 10-08-2023 at 01:50 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Driving away to the east
    And into the past
    History recedes in my rear-view mirror
    Carried away on a wave of music down a desert road
    Memory humming at the heart of a factory town
    All my life I've been workin' them angels
    Overtime
    Riding and driving and living
    So close to the edge
    Workin' them angels
    Workin' them angels
    Workin' them angels
    Overtime
    Riding through the Range of Light
    To the wounded city
    Filling my spirit with the wildest wish to fly
    Oh, taking the high road
    Taking that high road to the wounded city
    Memory strumming at the heart of a moving picture
    All this time
    I've been workin' them angels
    Overtime
    Riding and driving and flying
    Just over the edge
    Workin' them angels
    Workin' them angels
    Workin' them angels
    Overtime!
    Driving down the razor's edge
    Between the past and the future
    Oh, turn up the music and smile
    Get carried away
    On the songs and stories of vanished times
    Memory drumming at the heart of an English winter
    Memories beating at the heart of an African village
    All my life
    I've been workin' them angels
    Overtime
    Riding and driving and living
    So close to the edge
    Workin' them angels
    (Workin' them angels)
    Workin' them angels
    (Workin' them angel)
    Workin' them angels
    Overtime

Songwriters: Geddy Lee / Alex Lifeson / Neil Peart

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Neil Peart wrote that song when he was out on the road on one of his 2 wheel adventures and while at one of his stops an elderly couple pulled in in their car and the lady got out of the passenger side and started screaming at the older man who was driving that he was "working them angels" referring to his driving, the result of this inspiration is in the video above.

Speaking of which I got a call from Diamond MotorSports and they have Clover Crawler ready to go after having to replace everything from the swingarm on back.

I'll be picking her up tomorrow and "working them angels" to complete my loop and bring her home.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 11-10-2023 at 11:03 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

What was price to replace parts and labor?
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

The estimate from progressive was $5613 with 13.5 hours of labor. I guess I will see what was actually paid out tomorrow when I go to pick it up.

Got lucky as there was no damage to the rear wilber shock.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 11-10-2023 at 06:55 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Surprised the shock made the trip, good deal, and good luck! Keep your head on a swivel.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Surprised the shock made the trip, good deal, and good luck! Keep your head on a swivel.
    I think what saved it is the way I was hit, The front bumper and hood of the civic that hit me was just the perfect size to wedge itself in between the tire and rear seat and rolled the fender in between just stopping short of hitting the shock.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Picked up CC yesterday and made the trip back home. Diamond did a great job with getting her back together. And boy was it chilly coming back across the bay bridge with only the gauge spoiler on.

The windshield is definitely going back on today until warmer weather comes back around. Rear tire was replaced with a kenda and I could feel it all the way home, I forgot just how rough of a ride they are at faster speeds.

That will be getting replaced with my spring maintenance, maybe before if I try hard enough.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Picked up CC yesterday and made the trip back home. Diamond did a great job with getting her back together.
    Glad to hear that Diamond Motor Sports got you back on the road and you made it home safely!
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hut1 View Post
    Glad to hear that Diamond Motor Sports got you back on the road and you made it home safely!
    They were really great with keeping me informed and took great care of everything, I stopped by dunkin on the way there and picked up a dozen donuts to thank them.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black