Spyder Garage

Default How and where to use a jack on an RT when adding Ride-On sealant?

Hi,

I'm planning to add Ride-On sealant to my Spyder's tires and am thinking it would be easier to do the filling if the tires weren't flat on the ground.

So two questions...
    first, is that a correct guess to keep the tires from sitting flat for the filling,
    and the second is a two-parter -- what kind of jack and what are the jack points at the front and rear? I don't need to actually lift he Spyder for this job, just keep it level.

Thanks,
    Rod
    Last edited by RodO; 09-13-2023 at 05:27 PM. Reason: added info

Ryde safe,
    Rod.

'08 GS SM5 Full Moon -- after 15,000km sold May'11
    '10 RT A+C SE5 Full Moon -- after 30,700km traded in 2014
    '17 RTL Pearl White -- new-to-me in 2023

"I guess its better to bend a valve in Missoula than to lose your mind in Bozeman", my wife said, patting my hand as if to console me. I winced and wondered if Phaedrus ever took the bus." -Peter Egan, Leanings

CanAm Highway goes from Texas along U.S. Route 85 and Interstate 25 into Saskatchewan, Canada.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CanAm_Highway>

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RodO View Post
    Hi,

I'm planning to add Ride-On sealant to my Spyder's tires and am thinking it would be easier to do the filling if the tires weren't flat on the ground.

So two questions...
    first, is that a correct guess to keep the tires from sitting flat for the filling,
    and the second is a two-parter -- what kind of jack and what are the jack points at the front and rear? I don't need to actually lift he Spyder for this job, just keep it level.

Thanks,
    Rod
    Well I have a few jacks .... I have a small aluminum low profile, and a lightweight Scissor jack from my Toyota ..... either one will work .... lift the spyder under the center frame .... if the jack is at the rear of the frame only the rear tire will lift .... If you move it as far forward as the frame goes it should lift the front. .... Those front wheels lifted is going to cause the spyder to tip .... so ONLY lift it to get most of the weight off ..... good luck ....Mike