Spyder Garage

Default KUDOS to the folks at SENA

This morning around 9:30 I sent the following message to the folks at SENA praising the build quality of their 10S that I purchased as dual set from Motorcycle Dave 2 years ago.

"I just wanted to throw out a little brag about your 10S unit. Several weeks ago, I was leaving a town south of home and reached up to activate my 10S. Much to my dismay, it was not on my helmet. I found a suitable place to turn around to see if I could locate where it may have fallen off. I ventured all the way back to my starting point that morning and did not find it.

Since I had geared up behind my stepdaughter's floral shop in Lockney, TX, I search around where I had parked our Can Am Spyder with no luck there either. I called my wife who was with her daughter and informed her of the situation and asked they search around the back room of the shop where I had left my gear while she and I had gone to look at houses in her car.

She called me later in the next day to let me know it was not in the shop. A few hours later, she called again letting me know she had also scanned the roads on the way home and that she had found it in the exact spot where I turned around to begin my search. She said it looked like it had been run over but wasn't horribly damaged. The only logical thought about how it got two miles from where I started before it fell was that it must have fallen off as I was putting my helmet on at the beginning and landed on the rear seat or on the flat spot between the seat and the grab rail.

I inspected it thoroughly when it arrived home and noted two of the spring-loaded pins on the back were badly depressed and that the upper clip appeared to be damaged. I managed to get one of the pins to pop back out but the other was pretty much permanently pushed in. I decided to give it a try on the helmet and to my surprise, it worked perfectly. I then figure it would need to be charged and upon removing it from my helmet, the upper clip broke. That was a bummer, but I figured out a way to use the spring handle from a black binder clip to hold it in place and also use a wide rubber band as a backup. It's working fine now and I am pretty impressed with its toughness.

Thank you for building a great product!
    "

Three hours later I got this reply:

"Thank you so much for taking the time to write those kind words. We're thrilled to know that you are so satisfied with your Sena SMH10, and that you found it again! Your solution to making it stay mounted is pretty ingenious too, kudos for that.

This is a little out of the ordinary and not part of our typical policy, but: I'd like to help you feel a little more confident that your device won't fall off again, especially now that the clip is broken. May I send you a new SHM10? If so, please let me know what the best address to have it shipped to would be.

Thanks again for taking the time to connect and I'm glad you love to #RideConnected as much as we do, here at Sena!
    "

So, to the folks at SENA for demonstrating they are an upstanding company.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-06-2023 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Moved large blocks so all can read...

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Wow, that was a great write up. Congrats on Sena for doing what they did. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

I’m glad they stepped up. I think this mainly reinforces the old adage “you catch more flies with honey than sh*t”. I’ve been a SENA user ever since the 20S first came out (I’ve upgraded to newer units every time I’ve bought a new helmet) and while I’ve no real complaints, the resolutions to issues aren’t always positive.

For me, the move to a SENA was purely due to what the rest of my riding group was using. In all honesty, if they were CARDO users, I’d probably be using CARDOs. My advice to folks looking at comm units is to get what the rest of the riding group uses. It makes connecting them so much easier…especially with each brand’s mesh technology.

Spyder Garage

As they say, "Desperation is the mother of invention". Kudos to you for your fix. Y'all might want to get a patten on that.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Glad you had such a positive experience with SENA. I, unfortunately, had the exact opposite experience with them. The wife and I both have SENA Outrush helmets that we bought from Motorcycle Dave, which we like very much. For some unknown reason, her helmet would not pair the intercom with mine. I could pair with hers, but if she wanted to use the intercom she had to tap me on the shoulder while riding so that I would activate the intercom and we could talk. I called SENA support to try and resolve this issue. The agent that I spoke with would repeatedly talk over me to the point that I had to ask him to stop talking so that I could talk and explain the issue in detail. He kept telling me the same thing over and over as to what I should do and would just jabber on and on when I tried to explain to him that I had already several times done what he was telling me to do. He then sent me multiple Emails telling me do do the exact same thing that I had already done. I then asked for a replacement helmet as a
    "Goodwill Gesture". The helmet was two months out of warranty and SENA flatly refused my request. I got Dave involved, and he went to SENA and got the exact same response. Very frustrating. I do like SENA products, but I am very disappointed with SENA for the way I was treated. So we are stuck with a defective helmet. I am considering going to Cardo, but haven't decided yet, as that would require buying two new helmets. Just an all around bad experience that SENA would not step up to the plate and do the right thing.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    Glad you had such a positive experience with SENA. I, unfortunately, had the exact opposite experience with them. The wife and I both have SENA Outrush helmets that we bought from Motorcycle Dave, which we like very much. For some unknown reason, her helmet would not pair the intercom with mine. I could pair with hers, but if she wanted to use the intercom she had to tap me on the shoulder while riding so that I would activate the intercom and we could talk. I called SENA support to try and resolve this issue. The agent that I spoke with would repeatedly talk over me to the point that I had to ask him to stop talking so that I could talk and explain the issue in detail. He kept telling me the same thing over and over as to what I should do and would just jabber on and on when I tried to explain to him that I had already several times done what he was telling me to do. He then sent me multiple Emails telling me do do the exact same thing that I had already done. I then asked for a replacement helmet as a
    "Goodwill Gesture". The helmet was two months out of warranty and SENA flatly refused my request. I got Dave involved, and he went to SENA and got the exact same response. Very frustrating. I do like SENA products, but I am very disappointed with SENA for the way I was treated. So we are stuck with a defective helmet. I am considering going to Cardo, but haven't decided yet, as that would require buying two new helmets. Just an all around bad experience that SENA would not step up to the plate and do the right thing.

I suspect that if you were to change to Cardo that it would fit quite nicely to the Sena helmet,

Al in Kazoo
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-07-2023 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White