Spyder Garage

Default Intermittent Loss of power, no codes - anyone else?

2021 RT Limited with 13,000 miles. We were riding around Flaming Gorge Ut. and the bike lost power twice about 10 minutes apart. I pulled to the side of the road and bike was idling when it shifted down to first. Bike ran fine to Rock Springs Ut. and the dealership found no codes. Rode for 4 more days and it lost power at 60 mph with Cruise on. Started to pull over, the power came back, and Cruise was still on. Stopped in Spearfish SD. and tech there did not have time to look at it but thought it was a fuel problem. Fuel pump or relay is what he thought it might be. He said the fuel system will not throw a code. Rode it back to Missouri and never had another problem. I have an appointment next week to get it looked at here. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-06-2023 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

If it wasn't bad gas it could be a sticking brake light switch. There's a recall to replace the switch on 20+ RTs. I had similar issue last year (intermittent limp mode) that would clear on re-start. I replaced the switch and no more issues.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

You might want to review my thread here:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-switch-issues!
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

It was replaced before trip. No limp mode.