Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    My experience with the auto shut off feature is that over the years and in the many different stations I've used, I've found that there can be as much as a 1/2 gallon variation in where and when the pump shuts itself off. That can really play he!! with calculations and averages. I'm with BK911 here and I fill'er up to the ring in the neck just under the cap.
    It's been my experience over the past 70,000+ miles on my 14 RT, that from FULL nozzle insertion and Auto Shut-off, then slowly adding gas until it gets to the RING .... I consistently add ... 1.3 gal .... to achieve MAX gas fill (1.3 gal. is a HUGE variation for a small gas tank) ..... for me this adds 50 miles range to each tank full of gas..... Since I'm rarely more than a max of 10 miles to a gas station, I can easily wait until the gauge shows TWO bars and then fill the tank. .... I mostly ride in State, in the northern half of Vermont...... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-08-2023 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Hugh; & ' 's ;-)