Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Not giving up my Uber App, but I Rode My Spider Today!

Might not seem like a big deal to most of you, but it was for me!

In mid-June I developed foot drop (right foot), and 2 weeks later, double vision. The foot drop caused me to have a car accident, thankfully minor. That was the last time I drove a gas-powered vehicle. Between foot drop and the double vision, I enjoyed ER visits, hospital, and rehab stays. The foot drop is mostly better, especially with boots on. The double vision is being handled by eye patches.

I planned to ryde the Spyder b4 trying the truck, because the gas and brake on the Spyder are far apart. Unable to accidentally hit the gas instead of the brake.

So, anyway, I rode the Spyder today. Just around the block and up to the bagel store. It was nerve racking, but I'm hoping it'll be easier as time goes on.

I'm not giving up my Uber app just yet, but.......I RODE MY SPYDER TODAY!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-04-2023 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

Congratulations!

It's always a bit of a momentous occasion and an achievement after something like you've described! Good on you, and here's to more ryding in your future!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Sometimes its better to take things in small steps. Hope you continue to improve.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandeejs View Post
    Might not seem like a big deal to most of you, but it was for me!

In mid-June I developed foot drop (right foot), and 2 weeks later, double vision. The foot drop caused me to have a car accident, thankfully minor. That was the last time I drove a gas-powered vehicle. Between foot drop and the double vision, I enjoyed ER visits, hospital, and rehab stays. The foot drop is mostly better, especially with boots on. The double vision is being handled by eye patches.

I planned to ryde the Spyder b4 trying the truck, because the gas and brake on the Spyder are far apart. Unable to accidentally hit the gas instead of the brake.

So, anyway, I rode the Spyder today. Just around the block and up to the bagel store. It was nerve racking, but I'm hoping it'll be easier as time goes on.

I'm not giving up my Uber app just yet, but.......I RODE MY SPYDER TODAY!!
    Good for you. Congratulations. Sometimes you gotta take the bull by the horns. Baby steps will get you where you wanna go. It may take a while, but you'll get there.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited