Spyder Garage

Default Anyone been able to source the 2-up occasional spring for a 2015 F3?

Has anyone ever been able to source this 706002676? It is the upgraded 2-up spring for a Spyder F3.

I have a 2015 Base F3 and don't want to spend $300+ Canadian on a whole new spring and shock when it's the same stock shock with the upgraded 219400739 2-up shock and spring combo.

Also, how hard is it to change over the spring? I can't seem to find anything on the Forum. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by sainsbury; 09-01-2023 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2015 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I dont know if its available in canada or not but its available on the can am website

https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...ar-spring.html

Spyder Garage

From. What I can find that is for a ryker. I'm looking for a spyder f3. Thanks though.
    2015 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sainsbury View Post
    Has anyone ever been able to source this 70600267? It is the upgraded 2-up spring for a Spyder F3.

I have a 2015 Base F3 and don't want to spend $300+ Canadian on a whole new spring and shock when it's the same stock shock with the upgraded 219400739 2-up shock and spring combo.

Also, how hard is it to change over the spring? I can't seem to find anything on the Forum. Thanks for the help.
    Once a coil-over shock is properly charged & working, changing just the SPRING without changing the shock as well, by dismantling the shock/coil assembly, can be a quite dangerous thing to do, even with the right gear to release/compress the old spring in order to take it off the shock; then safely release that and compress the new spring to put it onto the shock; then release that in turn.... Get it wrong or have the shock or spring somehow release or slip out of the compressor's grasp & it could easily mean that someone'll need a rapid trip to the ER, or maybe they'll only need a slower trip to that other colder place!!

There's a LOT of force that can be stored in a compressed spring; and to get the spring off/on the shock you need to overcome a lot of the springs capability to store energy; at the very least, it'll need you to over-come all the spring pre-load force plus all the extra force necessary to make the spring short enough to allow the removal of the fittings holding it onto the shock as an assembly. You REALLY don't want to be in the way of either the coil spring or the shock absorber if either is 'accidentally &/or suddenly released' during the spring compression &/or release process. I DO HAVE the right gear to compress/release coil springs, from tiny coil overs to much bigger semi-truck sized coil springs, waaay larger/stronger than those on our Spyders/Rykers run, but because of the inherent and unavoidable dangers involved in compressing/releasing coil-overs &/or coil springs if you need to swap them on the shock, then unless it's truly unavoidable, I simply choose to get someone else to take those risks for me these days!

Besides, if you're going to bother changing the coil over on your F3 anyway, why not do the job properly and get an upmarket/better quality coil spring/shock assembly instead of just faffing around with the cheaply made lowest tenderer offerings that come from BRP as the OEM pieces of cra... Errr, kit? Sure, the OEM gear'll do the job.... Just! But for prices that start at not much more than the inflated OEM replacement coil/spring assy cost, you could get a much better quality & possibly even fully adjustable alternative, or if you really prefer you could blow your wallet to smithereens and get one of the all-singing all-dancing units the 'I-got-all-the-flashy-gear' wannabe riders have! Not that we have too many of them here, of course. Most Spyder Ryders are well beyond needing to prove themselves that way.

Still, even if you don't want to go quite that far, you could instead just check out the better-quality shock/coil alternatives used & mentioned by other Spyder Ryders here on the Forum, there's a pretty good range of products and prices - here's a thread that'll help:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ighlight=Shock

Me, I'm running IKON's, but then my Spyder is an RT & I'm in Oz But I'm sure you could find a whole range of 'better than anything OEM' in the way shocks/coils for your F3 at a suitable price point, wherever you are!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-31-2023 at 11:38 PM. Reason: IEM ?? :-/
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

From my notes and an abstract from Stephen Chapman on Facebook. Thank You Stephen...

The least expensive option is to change the spring on the factory shock or do the 2 up. There is no air bag on the F3-S. I was talking to a few guys on Spyderlovers.com and I think we found a spring from HyperCoil that would replace the factory rear spring. It's rated at 525lbs and I think it would work. its only $79 the 2up shock is just the factory shock with a different spring..https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hyc-1810d0525...

I'm about to install this spring in my F3T. Summary:
    Order date: Mar 02, 2023
    Order total: US $49.49
    Order details:
    *New* Suspension Spring for Yamaha Rhino - Part # WE324010
    Sold by: Stretch_powersportsuser ID, click for member’s profile US $45.99

The spring is Progressively wound. It is 13" uncut and I was advised by someone
    who had already done it to cut 1.75" from the soft end. (Tightly wound end)
    A simple spring compressor will still be required for assembly. Installed spring length is 10". 13-1.75= 11.25, so 1.25 for preload.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

The only other option I have found so far would be a elka or willbur and both are over $1000 canadian. Right not the bike only has over 7000 km on it and the rear shock is fine. It just needs a heavier spring as I am not a small guy.
    2015 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sainsbury View Post
    The only other option I have found so far would be a elka or willbur and both are over $1000 canadian. Right not the bike only has over 7000 km on it and the rear shock is fine. It just needs a heavier spring as I am not a small guy.
    Fox shocks do some 'better' offerings that aren't so expensive, and there's more if you look. Check with IKON Suspension, they have a US site. You might need to ask rather than just go by whatever their website shows tho, cos CanAm aren't all that big of a player in the market, so many suppliers who DO have shocks & coils for them, just don't bother to list them all that prominently, if at all.

You might think you only need a heavier spring now, but especially if you're a bigger guy, given the 'not so great' quality of the OEM shocks, it won't be long before you really need at least a 'replacement' shock if not a 'better' shock; and if you're gonna hafta take the shock out to swap the spring anyway, why not save yourself some time, effort, and probably $$ too and do it all at the same time??
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-01-2023 at 03:44 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!