Spyder Garage

Default Video of 2024 touchscreen

Spyder Garage

Ya(not bad) still not impressed guess “old school” -don’t fix something not broke, whatever NON APP required. Options preferred
    Last edited by Bfromla; 09-01-2023 at 01:27 AM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Not the slightest bit interested in all that stuff. Still the same engine and driveline under all that smoke and mirrors so I'll keep my tried and proven 2015.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nothing game changing, yep it's pretty, but lcd displays don't like the sun.

I had to replace enough of them on ATM's and ETM's. Just something else to go wrong and with me totally useless since I use android.

I'll stick with the basic display on my 2020 for now.

Want to give me about 50-75 more horsepower and a more snappy throttle? I'll get in line to pick one up.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Surprised at the somewhat negative comments considering all the complaints about BRP GO. I think they are going in the right direction, but I agree certainly not a game changer - at least not enough to upgrade! At least it can upgrade without going to a dealer.

Spyder Garage

I appreciate Printed comment in the video about how android users can make use of many of the features.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Makes me wonder how much cash Apple threw at BRP to only include their platform.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I like this new feature but not enough to make me consider trading in my 2021 RT for a 2024. For the most part I think that the Spyder is already pretty well designed and not in need of a great number of changes. Some small tweaks that would be nice would include a built in adjustable handlebar riser so that it could be adjusted up and back for shorter riders; more movement range on the windscreen, a redesign on the fuel tank to allow easier filling of the tank, a lock feature on the center storage area, a belt guard that fully protects the belt from possible gravel being caught in the belt, better rear lighting, optional larger engine, and TPMS system with on-screen readout.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    I like this new feature but not enough to make me consider trading in my 2021 RT for a 2024. For the most part I think that the Spyder is already pretty well designed and not in need of a great number of changes. Some small tweaks that would be nice would include a built in adjustable handlebar riser so that it could be adjusted up and back for shorter riders; more movement range on the windscreen, a redesign on the fuel tank to allow easier filling of the tank, a lock feature on the center storage area, a belt guard that fully protects the belt from possible gravel being caught in the belt, better rear lighting, optional larger engine, and TPMS system with on-screen readout.
    Those are probably all the upgrades BRP has planned for the next 8 model years.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Smile

Been some time since I have been here a few years ago but regarding the newer screen, Same thing in the snowmobile world also. Do not like the BRP go app because of having to use your phone. Mostly wish they would integrate GPS in the screen and not go through your phone. How hard is that anyway. Most of your Autos have the GPS system. Plus, will work with Android Auto. But some people are sure to enjoy the newer system. Just not sure if it is for me.
    2023 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Nothing game changing, yep it's pretty, but lcd displays don't like the sun.

I had to replace enough of them on ATM's and ETM's. Just something else to go wrong and with me totally useless since I use android.

I'll stick with the basic display on my 2020 for now.

Want to give me about 50-75 more horsepower and a more snappy throttle? I'll get in line to pick one up.
    I purposely chose my base 3 just because it had the basic display. I don't feel im missing a thing tbh. Android user here as well.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

Just slightly hijacking of the thread (although it’s “sort of” related).

A question was asked on the FB site about where the 3 way headlight switch now resided. I certainly couldn’t see it on the left or right side of those lit (yay) controls. Am I just not looking hard enough?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Just slightly hijacking of the thread (although it’s “sort of” related).

A question was asked on the FB site about where the 3 way headlight switch now resided. I certainly couldn’t see it on the left or right side of those lit (yay) controls. Am I just not looking hard enough?

Pete
    Sorta asked here too:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ight%3B+switch

But surely the burning question now must be, was it the same poster on both sites??

2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Makes me wonder how much cash Apple threw at BRP to only include their platform.
    If you watch the video in the first minute they explain that Android decided that they didn't want their system available on cycles (must be a safety concern.) I highly doubt that the BRP Spyders is a big enough market for Apple to throw any money their way

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Sorta asked here too:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ight%3B+switch

But surely the burning question now must be, was it the same poster on both sites??

My goodness…….my brain is disintegrating, Peter. That thread you have referenced is the one that I had a memory of……NOT ONE ON FB. Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh. I have just poured my glass of Scotch down the sink……well, actually, I THOUGHT about pouring it down the sink, and then common sense returned to me.
    So……does anyone have an answer (either on here of FB )

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    My goodness…….my brain is disintegrating, Peter. That thread you have referenced is the one that I had a memory of……NOT ONE ON FB. Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh. I have just poured my glass of Scotch down the sink……well, actually, I THOUGHT about pouring it down the sink, and then common sense returned to me.
    So……does anyone have an answer (either on here of FB )

Pete
    Jeez, I was worried there for a bit!! Until I read on to find this bit, I was about to call the fella's in white coats down onto you !!

I'm glad that sanity rapidly caught up with you!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I'm old school I be perfectly happy if my 2013 only had the analog speedo and tach, how safe would that touch stuff be playing with it while riding down the road? Let alone when that stuff goes south and your warranty is gone. $$$
    2013 Spyder ST-SE5
    US Army 1971-1973
    Army Guard 1990
    Air Guard 1991-2010

Spyder Garage

I see this as overly complicated and most people will keep it simple I think. As far as the claim about Android auto Harley Davidson has had it on their infotainment system for their 2019 and up touring models for at least 2 years.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RangerRick View Post
    I'm old school I be perfectly happy if my 2013 only had the analog speedo and tach, how safe would that touch stuff be playing with it while riding down the road? Let alone when that stuff goes south and your warranty is gone. $$$
    Yes, I’m with you, Rick. Although, as an ex IT guy, I do like technology. I have a rule I stick by as much as possible. I have my Sena paired to SIRI on iPhone (which is why I won’t use BRP Go, as it prohibits that). If I can’t ask Siri to perform a function like play/change music, check weather, nearest gas etc, etc, without taking my hands off the bars or eyes off the road, then it doesn’t happen.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

I went riding yesterday for 8 hours and contemplated the new screen on the 24s vs my Garmin GPS mounted between my handlebars. I had never noticed how much I touch the Garmin and either zoom in our out or swipe while I am riding to help me see further up. With the new Car Play, you can't adjust the screen while touching it after you reach 10 MPH. you can use your handle-bar buttons to do that but I find that less intuitive. Also, reaching way up to that screen will be quite a stretch. Try it some time on your older model and you will see what I mean. I concluded that I like my setup BETTER than the new one. No upgrading for me.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-07-2023 at 06:53 PM. Reason: in ;-)

Spyder Garage

I'd love this new screen and the throttle twist reverse selection. I am an Android guy so the CarPlay is of no interest to me at all.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

I'd vote for most of those things too, especially the tank filling. The whole process with that drives me nuts.

Like for you, not enough there to persuade me to go and trade it in.
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

It's a motorcycle. I started riding in the 70's with a speedo and a tach. I like a speedo and a tach. I don't need or want all this tech and, frankly, it is just more stuff to go wrong. I have a 2015 RT and have been reluctant to trade up because of the electronic dash that seems to be problematic in the newer models. I would rather see BRP develop a Spyder with shaft drive and a bigger engine. Keep the tech, give me more zoom!