Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Customers having RT's already?

First off ..

I am very happy for the lucky owner that has here new RT already this is not about them in any way shape or form!

However, does it seem right to any of you other "RT on order" people that a person off the street without even an order in has one and not you?

I know, I know supposedly this dealer "broke his contract" in delivering this unit already? But unless the breaking of the contract has some real bite to it, I think all our dealers should be able to do this as well.

Now, if BRP yanks this dealers contract then it will all make better sence as to how this happened and how it was not really to have been done.

But if this dealer only gets a "slap on the hand, don't do that again" than it is a slap in the face to all of us who put up our money long ago and are still waiting.

I know I told my dealer LAST SPRING right after the very first spy photos showed up to get me one no matter the cost, color or options, as I wanted the first one they could get.

My dealer did not even know BRP was going to make an RT when I told them to get me one in the spring no matter what and "ordered mine." Yet unless this CA dealer looses his contract, a person off the street in CA walks into a dealer and somehow walks out with one that was not even on order?

I am calling my dealer today to find out just what is what in all of this? If I find out BRP is going to "let this dealer slide" on this than I think I am going to cancell our RT and trailer just out of principle.

I ordered 50K worth of BRP products that day in Sept. (PE RT and trailer, and 2010 GTX-IS Sea-Doo) and to find out off the street customers are leaving with an RT already just frosts my butt!

MM
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Invalid Emails
    Mississauga Ontario Canada Alamo Texas jan to may
    Spyder Garage

I would be ped off too.

Spyder Garage

Personally, I'm happy for those folks getting the floor model. Circumstances probably contributed to their early buying opportunity. I would have to guess they probably paid a premium price for that unit also. On another note I'm not sure I'd want a demo or floor model, not that there would be anything wrong with it, I just like that feeling, "I was first in the saddle". I'm not denying it seems like January is forever away, but it's like being a kid again waiting for Santa to come. IMHO
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beechers View Post
    Personally, Circumstances probably contributed to their early buying opportunity. I would have to guess they probably paid a premium price for that unit also. IMHO

Nope.

I just called another dealer in MI and spoke to the owner himself, they have this one with 0 miles on it you can take home today if you want.

Ebay auction Item number:170406326015

Not only is it for sale for real, but only at MSRP and with totally resonable shipping charges as well.

MM

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Aren't the dealer demo models non-PE units. Having a PE means very little to me, but anybody getting a non-PE unit now is getting one they shouldn't be getting.
    Last year when I was waiting for my Spyder to come in that I had ordered, only to find out a dealer had units they claimed they ordered for stock.

Spyder Garage

I am puzzled how the Dealership can sell the Demo models and on ebay to boot. We put a $1000.00 deposit down for ours like everyone else has.

This is very frustrating and sad business

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...26015&viewitem=
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwfranklin View Post
    Aren't the dealer demo models non-PE units. Having a PE means very little to me, but anybody getting a non-PE unit now is getting one they shouldn't be getting.
    Last year when I was waiting for my Spyder to come in that I had ordered, only to find out a dealer had units they claimed they ordered for stock.
    I asked about ebay unit and was told by the owner it was a PE unit 100%.

I do not think any non-PE units are being made yet as the PEs were to go out first, or so we were all told.

MM

Spyder Garage

I wasn't going to bring this up but since the subject has been brought to light I will.

The same thing happened with the original spyders and PE owners. Many had deposits in, almost a full year in advance of delivery. Heck we had our deposits in late Aug. 07 & early Sept. 07 for PE models. Well before we received our ordered Premier Edition spyders, there were people walking into dealerships and buying a PE off the floor as part of inventory, or a dealer selling a demo that was also a PE. We already went through this once and I don't see that it is going to be any different this time around. Some dealers seem to get bigger deliveries of inventory and that is why they have the units to sell and some dealers just break the rules. All I can do is be happy for those that are getting their RT's and those that got their PE Spyder's early. I finally did get mine and I am a happy spyder owner.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    I asked about ebay unit and was told by the owner it was a PE unit 100%.

I do not think any non-PE units are being made yet as the PEs were to go out first, or so we were all told.

MM
    I thought I had read here somewhere that in order to avoid the numbering problem on the orginal PE's, that the demos would be non-PE units.
    Any of you that have been able to ride a demo, has it been a PE?
    Is Lamont's a PE?

Spyder Garage

If I were in line for an RT I'd be mad as heck! And no, it's not that guy's fault for walking in and buying one but it's good he posted this here because how would we have known dealers are allowed to do this? And they are allowed to do this? Just ignores the entire concept of people putting money down to wait for theirs.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, just went on Ebay and saw that dealer in Michigan has it listed.

Spyder Garage

Well, I guess as long as we let them treat us this way then who can blame them for doing it.

People with money down for months not getting their units because BRP threatens their dealer with contract violations, while other dealers thumb their nose at BRP delivering units to "off the street people" is just not right.

But maybe next time we take pre-Orders for new ESI products we'll just start sending them out to people who just call in before we fill the pre-orders? That should go over real well don't you think?

The way I look at it, if it's good enough for a big company like BRP to allow, who am I to not follow their lead on how to treat customers?

Unfortunatly I would not treat my dog the way BRP has treated me as a HUGH $$$$ spending BRP customer. So ESI will never treat our customers this unfairly, and yes I do have MANY axes to grind with BRP!

Which axe would you like to see first.

MM
    Last edited by Magic Man; 11-17-2009 at 11:49 AM.

Spyder Garage

We know you'd never treat your customers this way! You are a class act .

Is this dealer that did this new to being a Spyder dealer I wonder? Maybe the dealer did a "Rut Row" and has no clue? Or like it was posted someone else - Money Talks, Everything Walks.

Well, I guess as long as we let them treat us this way then who can blame them for doing it.

People with money down for months not getting their units because BRP threatens their dealer with contract violations, while other dealers thumb their nose at BRP delivering units to "off the street people" is just not right.

But maybe next time we take pre-Orders for new ESI products we'll just start sending them out to people who just call in before we fill the pre-orders? That should go over real well don't you think?

The way I look at it, if it's good enough for a big company like BRP to allow, who am I to not follow their lead on how to treat customers?

Unfortunatly I would not treat my dog the way BRP has treated me as a HUGH $$$$ spending BRP customer. So ESI will never treat our customers this unfairly, and yes I do have MANY axes to grind with BRP!

Which axe would you like to see first.

MM

Spyder Garage

Other thought here.... You can sell what ever you want on eBay... Doesn't mean you can deliver.

If I were a dealer, I'd be pimping my floor model on eBay too, doesn't mean that the winning bidder gets the floor model or gets immediate delivery.

It would be a way for a dealer to close a sale or two at the end of the riding season, given that the RT's will start to deliver in December anyway. I'm not sure that all of these ebay auctions are for an RT that is actually in inventory or that is a demo.

So some of these might be for RTs that don't exist in theory. -Or like my dealer has run into, an RT with a deposit where the customer backed out on the sale due to job loss, divorce, etc.... The first dealer I went to for my test ride tried selling me a Spyder that was all done up the way I wanted but was at the dealer due to someone backing out on the sale.

So... anything is possible.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

It's my understanding that the dealers are not to list their "demo" units for sale till 90 days after they take delivery.

I'm not suppose to drive over the posted speed limit either but until I get caught it's not a problem. I'm sure these guys have been made known seeing that someone at BRP reads this board everyday. I guess now it's wait and see if BRP does anything about it. I'm sure they're not happy about it though.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    It's my understanding that the dealers are not to list their "demo" units for sale till 90 days after they take delivery.

I'm not suppose to drive over the posted speed limit either but until I get caught it's not a problem. I'm sure these guys have been made known seeing that someone at BRP reads this board everyday. I guess now it's wait and see if BRP does anything about it. I'm sure they're not happy about it though.

Wait and see what happens!!!! Our Dealer still has not recieved the Demo. He requested an SE, he was told that was the reason for his Demo delay.
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

Spyder Garage

Default Customers having RTs already

will be the real guinea pigs!
    The way the economy is, money surely does talk. Dealer was happy to make a sale and have a happy customer who will spread the word where she purchased. Also, after seeing several owners here cancel their RT orders,the dealer may feel "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"...
    That's not to say it's right tho
    I'd like to know if there will be any reprimands or penalties the dealer has to face or can any dealer just sell it?
    It would be good to know for future reference. Sort of like knowing that just because a concert is sold out, doesn't mean good seat won't be released before show time.
    Happier Spyder Owner

Fairly happy 08 YELLOW SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
    Other thought here.... You can sell what ever you want on eBay... Doesn't mean you can deliver.

If I were a dealer, I'd be pimping my floor model on eBay too, doesn't mean that the winning bidder gets the floor model or gets immediate delivery.

It would be a way for a dealer to close a sale or two at the end of the riding season, given that the RT's will start to deliver in December anyway. I'm not sure that all of these ebay auctions are for an RT that is actually in inventory or that is a demo.

So some of these might be for RTs that don't exist in theory. -Or like my dealer has run into, an RT with a deposit where the customer backed out on the sale due to job loss, divorce, etc.... The first dealer I went to for my test ride tried selling me a Spyder that was all done up the way I wanted but was at the dealer due to someone backing out on the sale.

So... anything is possible.

OK here it is again for those that might have come in on the middle of this.

I personaly called this ebay dealer this morning.

I spoke to the owner Russ himself and asked him these questions

Q) Is this a PE Edition
    A) Yes

Q)Is this a manual or electric shift
    A) Manual

Q) Is this unit available for us to come purchase?
    A) I'd like to keep it to sell off of, but if you want it I can get another

Q) Should I purchase it off of ebay or direct from you?
    A) Ether way I know with ebay you might have some other ebay protections but it does not matter.

Q) Who should I ask for if we decide to come get it?
    A) My name is Russ I am the owner here.

This call and these answers I have recorded on my "handy dandy" phone recorder, and are not from memory but from the tape.

MM
    Last edited by Magic Man; 11-17-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

Q) Is this a PE Edition
    A) Yes

A) Manual

A) Ether way I know with ebay you might have some other ebay protections but it does not matter.

This call and these answers I have recorded on my "handy dandy" phone recorder, and are not from memory but from the tape.

MM
    I can confirm that this is the truth. Heard it myself this morning
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,

Spyder Garage

Q) Is this a PE Edition
    A) Yes

A) Manual

MM
    I believe you Evan, if you decide to come to MI and get it, please let us know. We would love to see you and Patti again. One other thing, did you happen to ask what PE number it was? I am just curious how far up the line they have these out and shipped. Where is PE #1? So many unanswered questions.

Spyder Garage

MM
    Sounds like a drug deal!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Sounds like a drug deal!
    Somebody's on crack at BRP letting this go on for sure.

MM
    Last edited by Magic Man; 11-17-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Q) Is this a PE Edition
    A) Yes

MM
    Hey Evan, I have no doubt he told you this was a PE but when I went back and looked at the close up of his photos, no where did I see a PE number stitched into the seat. I thought that is where it was supposed to be. Please correct me if I am wrong. I just think he fed you a line.

This is from the BRP site. http://spyder.brp.com/SpyderMY09/_St...ereEdition.pdf

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Last May 08, I went to look at a Spyder. I was told i would have to leave a thousand dollar deposit and wait 3 month's for delivery. I gave him the deposit, Three day's later he call's me and ask's, If it came in sooner when will i be willing to pay for it / and how will i pay? I told him the day it comes in, I'll be in that day and pay in full. Guess what it came in that day".

P/S Over the years i've bought many atv's/snowmobile's/bike's/trailer's/ and a rhino, 15 to 20 + machines in all at this dealer. Some times it's who you know// Some times it's the luck of the draw.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

They should just give up on PE they blundered it the first time around what gone to stop them from doing it again.Though this time around I don't think the orders are coming in fast enough to exceed 1500 but they should be shipped as per order was taken and certifcate was generated just my 2 cents