Spyder Garage

Default Is BRP going to fix/allow Day/Night LCD dash screen on '20 RT's?

I have a '20 RTL, the dash only comes in black and cannot be changed, unlike the newer models. Both dashes are the same, and probably capable of the light display.

Does anybody know if BRP is going to fix this? It should be as simple as a software reload.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-27-2023 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    Loving my 2020 RT-L

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rustin921 View Post
    I have a ‘20 RTL, the dash only comes in black and cannot be changed, unlike the newer models. Both dashes are the same, and probably capable of the light display.

Does anybody know if BRP is going to fix this? It should be as simple as a software reload.
    Interesting - I haven't seen this problem posted by any other 2020 RT members here..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-27-2023 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

If you're referring to the display, you can change it from black background to white background (unless something isn't working on yours?)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-27-2023 at 08:29 PM. Reason: ' 's ;-)
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Unfortunately, no as only the 2021 and newer models have the light sensor. I fail to understand why the earlier models still can’t have the ability to change it manually.
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 08-29-2023 at 02:39 PM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    If you're referring to the display, you can change it from black background to white background (unless something isn't working on yours?)
    I take it back and stand corrected.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Unfortunately, no as only the 2021 and newer models have the light sensor. I fail to understand what the earlier models still can’t have the ability to change it manually.
    I have a 14 basic RT , and mine has a sensor.......just sayin ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I imagine you are referring to the display changing colors.

I test rode a 2023 F3 this summer and noticed in the daytime the display is monochrome (on this one, black markings on white background). In deep shade, it is color.

My 2019 RTL display is always color and does not switch to the monochrome display.

I did notice that the monochrome is easier to read in daylight. Maybe I just missed the setting for this? Do the 19s have this ability?
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RideOn View Post
    I imagine you are referring to the display changing colors.

My 2019 RTL display is always color and does not switch to the monochrome display.

I did notice that the monochrome is easier to read in daylight. Maybe I just missed the setting for this? Do the 19s have this ability?
    The 2018 and 19’s didn’t come with a light sensor so it’s stuck in dark mode. It would be nice if we could change it manually but now that they are going to a complete new display, I doubt there will be any changes to the earlier models.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I have a Sept 20 Build RT 21 and this display is of the older version without the Night / Day display. I talked with the dealer and the Display was updated in Oct / Nov of 2020 with that mode and the newer displays are not compatible according to BRP.
    2001 Honda CBR 929 (145k miles)
    2010 MV Agusta Brutale 990 (55k miles)
    2015 MV Agusta Brutale 675 (25k miles)
    2021 Spyder RT LTD (24k miles)

Spyder Garage

Be very careful what you wish for.

I have a 21 RT LTD.

After firmware update 50.21 I can finally manually change the modes between the day mode and the night mode and increase the brightness and have the values stick.

However, in auto mode, it randomly chooses which mode it wants to be in based upon a combination of the direction I'm heading in, the alignment of the planets, the stock market prices and at least 50 other random variables. Night or day doesn't seem to effect it though.

It is driving me to the point at which I am beginning to question my own sanity.

The only explanation is that there is a little gnome that lives inside my Spyder with the sole intention in life so as to deeply effect my mental stability.

Trust me, you don't want the '21 model random display mode feature. My Spyder lives in constant peril of me tearing the dash off and routing around inside to get the stupid little gnome out.
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mecsw500 View Post

I have a 21 RT LTD.

After firmware update 50.21 I can finally manually change the modes between the day mode and the night mode and increase the brightness and have the values stick.

However, in auto mode, it randomly chooses which mode it wants to be in based upon a combination of the direction I'm heading in, the alignment of the planets, the stock market prices and at least 50 other random variables. Night or day doesn't seem to effect it though.

It is driving me to the point at which I am beginning to question my own sanity.

The only explanation is that there is a little gnome that lives inside my Spyder with the sole intention in life so as to deeply effect my mental stability.

Trust me, you don't want the '21 model random display mode feature. My Spyder lives in constant peril of me tearing the dash off and routing around inside to get the stupid little gnome out.
    I have none of these problems. It does take a little while to switch when I back out of the garage but works fine otherwise.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mecsw500 View Post
    I have a 21 RT LTD.
    It really isn’t enough of an issue to cause any angst, mecsw. Leave it in daylight mode, and spend the 10 seconds it takes to switch it to night mode if necessary. Non event

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red