Quote Originally Posted by Dasmoetorhead View Post
I ride the TN Portion of "the Snake" weekly. In fact, the 2nd day I owned the F3S I took it up the snake.
On Tuesday after riding the Snake for probably 10 times, I really scorched it. I'm very comfortable on it and the Spyder now. My Brother, who is a sport bike guy, was barely keeping up with me on the BMW GS 1200R, so I think I have pushed the F3 as far as I want to. It's one heck of a workout, and I think that's as fast as I will ever go. I proved to myself that I can hang with the 2 wheelers now. My F3S performance wise just has the Lamonster end links. Stock swaybar, no cat delete, no pedal box, and no tune. I have no plans on changing anything on it. I actually like the stock exhaust sound. I was planning on adding all that stuff after reading on this forum about all of it. Glad I didn't waste my money. I pushed it so hard I had the back tire sliding and lifted a wheel on one corner. Just a tap in the brake pedal, and she settled down.
From now on in I will ride more conservatively and enjoy the twisties at a slower, more enjoyable pace. The Spyder in my opinion is just fine in its stock form, if you're willing to hang on. This is just my opinion, YMMV. Morale of the story is, before going out and spending lots of money on these after-market goodies, try pushing yourself and the bike.
I agree 100% I rode my 2014 RT and my 2016 F3T for over 45k miles before finally upgrading the sway bar. But before that, I ran away from many people that had better sway bars, shocks, power commanders, etc. Although the sway bar did help, I still like the pedal commander as my number one add on. It helps giving you more response for coming out of the curves. It will take a little getting used to, as it will shock you with the difference. But if I had only one add, that would be the one. Going to the spyder rally in 10 days on my 2021 RTL. It has the pedal box as it's only add on. And after riding aggressively with my 2 wheeled buddies in June, that is all I need. Now sway bar needed.