Spyder Garage

Default BUDS/BUDS2 Mini VCI Driver Conflicts!

So the latest version of BUDS2 released 09Aug23 (23.2.1 A6CC Update) was acting a little squirrely. I had a lot of difficulty connecting to a 2023 RTL. BUDS2 kept insisting it couldn't find the VCI device, even though it was showing me all the screens. So I downloaded and installed the latest Win 11 version of the MiniVCI Drivers. That seemed to clear up the connection problems with the 2023 RTL, but later on when I tried to use BUDS on a 2013 RTL, it would not find the VCI at all. I finally went back and uninstalled the latest Win 11 driver package, reinstalled the original driver package, and now BUDS seems to be finding the VCI. Can't fully test it yet since I don't have the 2013 here at the moment. It almost seems like I'm going to have to have a dedicated laptop for BUDS, and one for BUDS2...
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    So the latest version of BUDS2 released 09Aug23 (23.2.1 A6CC Update) was acting a little squirrely. I had a lot of difficulty connecting to a 2023 RTL. BUDS2 kept insisting it couldn't find the VCI device, even though it was showing me all the screens. So I downloaded and installed the latest Win 11 version of the MiniVCI Drivers. That seemed to clear up the connection problems with the 2023 RTL, but later on when I tried to use BUDS on a 2013 RTL, it would not find the VCI at all. I finally went back and uninstalled the latest Win 11 driver package, reinstalled the original driver package, and now BUDS seems to be finding the VCI. Can't fully test it yet since I don't have the 2013 here at the moment. It almost seems like I'm going to have to have a dedicated laptop for BUDS, and one for BUDS2...
    I have a strong suspicion that it's absolutely imperative that the person ( ie. dealer Tech ) must know how to use either BUDS systems.... as an example the ROLO Laser alignment system does an excellent job of alignmebt ,..... but ONLY if the person using it knows how .... JMHO ... Mike

Spyder Garage

Turns out it was a driver issue with the VCI driver. After rolling back to the previous driver file, all is well again, both BUDS and BUDS2.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red