Spyder Garage

Default Anyone used a Rivco Small Quick-Detach Hitch Rack?

Has anyone used a Rivco Small Quick-Detach Hitch Rack
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-23-2023 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Mine arrived yesterday. I unpacked it today, along with hitch. Read the instructions. Yes: I'm one of those guys who reads directions first.
    Rivco says "Warranty is void if you put this on an unsprung hitch" and specifically names CanAm Spyder as a bike that will nullify the warranty.
    I bought the Rivco because it's aluminum, i.e. lighter.
    Don't know if the rack will withstand the vibrations. Don't know if a steel rack would do better.
    Don't know much about this stuff except there's vibrations, don't overload and pack nothing fragile or breakable.
    I know I'm not answering your question. Hope someone will who owns the rack and has used it. Suspect we'll hear from those who will say "Get a trailer" or "Pack less stuff."
    But someone who knows the Rivco? We'll see.
    2015 ST Limited; Givi E52 Top Case; Baja Ron anti-sway bar; Cal Sci wind screen; Vredestein Quatracs (front)

Spyder Garage

Addendum
    I bought the Rivco on Amazon. Nothing about Spyders there that I could find. Reading and rereading posts here I find references to Rivco and many but not all say "Don't use on a spyder." Some say it works great, but for how long is unknown.
    Guess I'm sending the Rivco back.
    I like taking trips. A week or more. If I've got my sleeping bag and some clothes riding on that rack, I don't want material failure to stop me.
    Oh well. Live and, one hopes, learn.
    Last edited by Columbia; 08-23-2023 at 05:31 PM.
    2015 ST Limited; Givi E52 Top Case; Baja Ron anti-sway bar; Cal Sci wind screen; Vredestein Quatracs (front)

Spyder Garage

I have the Show Chrome hitch rack from slingmods. It's nice and sturdy. I bought it so I can carry my golf bag.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I agree with Columbia in the Rack

Mine arrived today and I have it boxed, ready for return. I unpacked it, read the instructions. Rivco says "Warranty is void if you put this on an unsprung hitch" and specifically names CanAm Spyder as a bike that will nullify the warranty. When I called the company, I was told no problem it will work fine and will not void the warrant. When I called J & P to return it, they were great, outstanding folks to work with. I will never, ever work with Rivco again. I don't like being lied too.

20230828_150224[1].jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-28-2023 at 10:04 PM.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I know this will not help too much, but I have the Doc Humphries rack and pack that he was selling way back in the day. I have used it for about 5-6 trips and it worked very well. I did take it to a local shop and had them strengthen some of the welds, but it works great. I did note that on the f3T, the pack would sometimes hide part of the tail lights, so i had to make sure that i had plenty of air in the shock. I now have a 2021 RTL and the lights are much higher. I am thinking of switching hitch from my 2016 F3L to the RTL so that I will have it if ever needed. It holds a large amount of items and I have loaded it to about 45-50 pounds without issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia View Post
    Mine arrived yesterday. I unpacked it today, along with hitch. Read the instructions. Yes: I'm one of those guys who reads directions first.
    Rivco says "Warranty is void if you put this on an unsprung hitch" and specifically names CanAm Spyder as a bike that will nullify the warranty.
    I bought the Rivco because it's aluminum, i.e. lighter.
    Don't know if the rack will withstand the vibrations. Don't know if a steel rack would do better.
    Don't know much about this stuff except there's vibrations, don't overload and pack nothing fragile or breakable.
    I know I'm not answering your question. Hope someone will who owns the rack and has used it. Suspect we'll hear from those who will say "Get a trailer" or "Pack less stuff."
    But someone who knows the Rivco? We'll see.
    Believe you however something must have happened because 4CB2334A-6E19-4677-94C0-AAA26A8A1413.jpg from 2016 Spyderfest

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights