Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default My '2024 Model Reveal' Review

well.. here it goes.. maybe I was bit to honest in this video.. we shall see.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP1XZURBAZI
    2013 RS , Custom black and green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not impressed with his comments.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Personally I will keep my 2015 RT. I have over 50,000 miles on it with ZERO issues. It has been as reliable as any vehicle I have owned. The engine hasn't changed, which is fine. Neither has any other part of the drivetrain. I'm not "upgrading" just to get the latest or greatest electronic gizmo or different seat. Give me a speedo, tach, fuel level, and coolant temp gauge and you can keep all the rest of that crap including the radio. I've never turned mine on, but my wife does use her music gadget when she rides pillion. I come from the sport bike world so I've not been used to the "luxury" items anyway. To each his own and variety is great, but I'm happy with what I have. Just my two cents.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    By and large, I'm not either. Having said that, I do agree that Can-Am should have included Android Auto, along with Apple Car Play, but Can-Am has been wedded to Apple for years. I would bet that Apples pays a significant amount of money for this exclusivity. As always, it's all about the money.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Without watching the video something tells me that you're not going to like the line up . I vaguely remember your post from the '23 reveal and you took issue with the lack of changes and the increase in price. I'll watch the video though just to support traffic on the channel.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

To each their own.. but to repaint some wheels and fenders and say hey.. this is your new 2024 ryker is pretty crappy of them to do.

just an overall flop of a reveal, but I guess some people enjoyed it regardless. at least I know for next year nothing will change either lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    By and large, I'm not either. Having said that, I do agree that Can-Am should have included Android Auto, along with Apple Car Play, but Can-Am has been wedded to Apple for years. I would bet that Apples pays a significant amount of money for this exclusivity. As always, it's all about the money.
    I agree. The one gripe I share as an android user is the whole electronic upgrade is useless.

The physical upgrades just consist of colors.

I'm still not understanding why there are no turn signals on the mirrors, forcing North American customers to buy them from third parties like Lamonster or Sling Mods. I prefer Lamonster.
    It's just a basic vsibility/safety issue, and the OEM parts are readily available for the Australian Spyders, so the design and parts supply already exist.

Here's the Australian RT from 2023. Just for information, the selling price converts to about $29,000 US.

Last edited by ThreeWheels; 08-22-2023 at 05:31 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix38 View Post
    I watched the video. I honestly think that you're not going to be satisfied unless you get exactly what you want from the brand, and that's hard to do. I'm confused with the complaint about changes in the Ryker. The Ryker received the Rally Edition a year ago(I think). The RT received a lot of changes in 2020, and the F3 got some LEDs and the exclusive cognac color to that model this year. I understand that you want more power, lots of people do. I understand the gripe on just color changes as well, it's been said plenty of times.

The questions I have are really about potential of purchasing a new Spyder or Ryker. What changes would have to be made and at what price would the machine have to be for you to purchase a new 1? Do you approach car/truck purchases the same way? There aren't many changes that go into those year over year. Do you expect to be blown away every year by the changes to the line up? If you do, I believe you'll continue to be disappointed by their reveals.

Regarding the electric bikes, yeah, it would've been nice to have them ready by this fall with the 50th anniversary and all, but things happen. The Tesla Cybertruck has been pushed back many times over several years lol

I think that you have to know the vision and direction of the company to understand how they approach these things. I don't claim to understand or know the vision, but it definitely doesn't seem to be that they're trying to make massive updates across all of the Spyder and Ryker models every year. The Ryker is still relatively new and it has gotten plenty of updates like the rally trim, audio package, and cruise control in it's short existence.

I agree the communication and anticipatory build up for the reveal was not done well from my perspective, but they have us talking about it. So, it still worked lol

Lastly, I agree the price point just continues to climb, but that's across the board for most things these days. I enjoy my machine and I believe overall you enjoy yours, but if you're not planning to buy a new 1; the changes or lack thereof really don't mean that much.
    Last edited by JohnRuckus; 08-22-2023 at 05:30 PM. Reason: grammar
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix38 View Post
    You aren't wrong and do believe BRP will price themselves out of the market, mostly with the Spyders.
    21 Spyder base F3

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    You aren't wrong and do believe BRP will price themselves out of the market, mostly with the Spyders.
    If that’s the case, so are the other mfr. How about the fuel price increases.....have they priced themselves out of the market too? Sorry to tell you this, but new auto’s, TV’s, Meat Products are all “priced out of the market”, not just BRP!

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

I went on to this site, to find out when the 2024 Spyder line was. Then I went on the BRP face book website all I could find was the 2024 ATV line up. They showed a short video on the 2024 Sea doo ( which was the bottom of the Sea Doo in the water).

I think that the 2024 Spyder line up was a bust.

BRP did not do a good job about releasing/and showing the 2024 Spyder line-up, because they did not show each spyder model( example, Ryker, F3, RT, S2S) and what each one had as new features. I found out on the BRP website what the new features and colors were.

During the 2024 ATV line up I went on the BRP website ,and they had the 2024 spdyers on there website already. BRP should have done a much better job on releasing the 2024 Spyders.

I do like the 2024 F3 LTD Special Series in the Cognac Metallic. ( off topic: I think I'll keep my current spyder which is a 2023 F3 LTD Special Series in Mineral Blue).

Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 08-24-2023 at 05:20 PM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    If that’s the case, so are the other mfr. How about the fuel price increases.....have they priced themselves out of the market too? Sorry to tell you this, but new auto’s, TV’s, Meat Products are all “priced out of the market”, not just BRP!
    Gas is like drinking water or electricity (staple) so not really a comparison. New auto sales have increased but the increase is due to large commercial, government and rental fleet sales. When you consider meat products, you have to be specific, choice cuts have had moderate increases while pork and egg wholesale has decreased. TV's as a whole market have decreased except for the high end units.

I would be very curious what Spyder sales will be this year.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

Gas is like drinking water or electricity (staple) so not really a comparison. New auto sales have increased but the increase is due to large commercial, government and rental fleet sales. When you consider meat products, you have to be specific, choice cuts have had moderate increases while pork and egg wholesale has decreased. TV's as a whole market have decreased except for the high end units.

Just me, but I sorta have the feeling that BRP is quickly reaching the point at which interest in and/or actually buying a Spyder will start to decrease. I for one will not buy another one. I am very happy with my 2017 RT, (hated my 2013) which doesn't have all of the complicated crap BRP keeps loading into Spyders that most folks seem to not be very happy with. The dealer network is shrinking year by year, and dealers that do sell and/or work on Spyders may or may not have a BRP trained tech - which the dealer has to pay for said training - to work on these increasingly complicated machines. Then there is the issue of retaining that technician. Dealer pays for the training, then has to pay the tech more because he got the training. A 2017 is a vastly different machine than a 2023, much less a 2024. And, the prices keep going up, which, to be fair, reflects the world economy as it is today. Everything costs more, including other motorcycle brands. Innovation is a good thing, but sometimes there is too much of a good thing.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    Just me, but I sorta have the feeling that BRP is quickly reaching the point at which interest in and/or actually buying a Spyder will start to decrease. I for one will not buy another one. I am very happy with my 2017 RT, (hated my 2013) which doesn't have all of the complicated crap BRP keeps loading into Spyders that most folks seem to not be very happy with. The dealer network is shrinking year by year, and dealers that do sell and/or work on Spyders may or may not have a BRP trained tech - which the dealer has to pay for said training - to work on these increasingly complicated machines. Then there is the issue of retaining that technician. Dealer pays for the training, then has to pay the tech more because he got the training. A 2017 is a vastly different machine than a 2023, much less a 2024. And, the prices keep going up, which, to be fair, reflects the world economy as it is today. Everything costs more, including other motorcycle brands. Innovation is a good thing, but sometimes there is too much of a good thing.
    Other than the fancy display with apple car play and brp connect... how is the 2017 vastly different than a 2023? I am not being argumentative, I legitimately want to know as I am shopping for a pre-owned and hopefully budget friendly spyder.

Spyder Garage

All solid points. I see far more Rykers now than I do Spyders. I bet price has a big thing to do with that. I have a video coming out in a couple weeks about the dealer network and techs as well. It's a huge glaring problem and could easily disrupt sales or stale them completely.

I don't think most people including Can Am understand how bad the situation really is. A lot of people can't find a decent dealer let alone someone to even work on these machines. The one thing I'll give Harley is that you are never that far away from a dealer or someone that can work on it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-23-2023 at 05:26 AM. Reason: then; Alot; .... ;-)

Spyder Garage

You know what they say, there's a butt for every seat. And you have enough people out there that ride under warranty, and just want to keep up with their friends and have the best of everything, so I don't see them losing to much sleep this year. What's going to suck for some of us, is when they stop making parts for our old iron! Some of us are fine taking a unit and making it our own, and fixing the things that may have not come from the factory right to start with and using them and hanging on to them!! There are shops that will already not work on anything older than 10 years old, that don't both me right now, I work on most of it and enjoy it, but there will come a time that I will not be able to then I may give it up!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    Other than the fancy display with apple car play and brp connect... how is the 2017 vastly different than a 2023? I am not being argumentative, I legitimately want to know as I am shopping for a pre-owned and hopefully budget friendly spyder.
    Besides the drivetrain, everything is different between the 2017 RT and the 2023 RT. The entire body work changed and also the digital dash came about in 2018. Lots of differences. If the 2017 fits you, it is still a very good (dare I say great) machine and in my opinion, the quality is better than the current versions.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post

Here's the Australian RT from 2023. Just for information, the selling price converts to about $29,000 US.

If the pricing for a new spyder in the US is going to run $29-$30k, that really isn't that far off from what they were retailing for here from 2014-2018.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Besides the drivetrain, everything is different between the 2017 RT and the 2023 RT. The entire body work changed and also the digital dash came about in 2018. Lots of differences. If the 2017 fits you, it is still a very good (dare I say great) machine and in my opinion, the quality is better than the current versions.
    I couldn't have said it better. Only problems I have ever had was the failure of the parking brake motor, which, to my surprise, BRP addressed very quickly and was replaced under warranty. The dealer actually had the part, and it was done while I waited. And, of course, the front sprocket, which BRP addressed very poorly. We have enjoyed many miles of worry free riding what I feel to be a superior machine to newer models.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    that I knew.. for some reason I was thinking F3 even though he clearly stated RT.

Spyder Garage

I know I'm pretty critical of Can Am, but I do love the Ryker. I loved my Spyder too. You want to see the company and the product do well, but when they continue to miss the mark again and again, you have to start questioning it.

Not sure if it's going to take a leadership change or what, but I think they are way to conservative. They are trying way to hard to "keep us safe" that their product is dumped down so much.

If I crash, let it be on my own terms lol. I'd love to take a turbo Ryker for a nice ride and drift around. If something happens, thats on me.

Just look at all the Hayabusa's that get dumped and crashed. yet they still make those and people buy them up. Stuff happens. it's part of bike life.

Spyder Garage

Here are my overall thoughts:

- Really disappointed that they dropped the base f3 completely. It now costs $22k for the most basic new spyder
    - The F3 is due for an update
    - Prices are too high (but I think that about most vehicles these days)
    - BRP doesn't have any real competition so they can be as conservative as they want and charge as much as they want.
    - Yes Harley makes some trikes but they are all in the $30-$50k range.
    - I was really hoping that Honda would actually produce (but that seems long dead) the Neowing because 1) it looks cool 2) Honda reliability and dealer network and 3) If they made and sold it for a decent price, I think BRP would crap themselves if they had any real competition

Spyder Garage

For me, no biggie either way. Just so glad I purchased my F3 last month. For a while there, I was kicking back and forth on whether to wait and see what the 2024 lineup had to offer. Looks like I made the right choice. If I waited, I may have lost my bargaining power. Hopefully the quality and dependability will be there.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

..... nor him!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    ..... nor him!
    awwww... I was looking for new riding friends ;P