Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Before I read or watch any review, I check the credentials of the individual or firm providing said review. Then I can decide on the validity or truth in the review. Some just want to be an influencer. Others want to generate a revenue stream. With a join date of 2018, the reviewer has likely missed the first 10 years of brand evolution.

I'm an Android user; BRP is apparently not. But I haven't bought a Spyder for a fancy touch screen. I didn't buy my Harley's, my pickup or my SUV, either, for a touch screen or display. I did purchase them for other, more purpose-filled, use. Our Spyders get us in the wind, and are inherently more stable than any conventional trike on the market.

Changes, these days, comes in incremental bites, or bytes. Most automotive updates are styling cues and a little bit of functionality. Harley, the oldest, continuously produced motorcycle brand in the world, still has 2 wheels, an engine and a transmission. Annual changes for them are generally styling (mostly paint), sometimes engine displacement, sometimes electronics. BRP's Spyder family changes seem to be in line with industry examples.

With respect to pricing, every flipping thing has gone up in the past two years by huge margins. What the manufacturer didn't increase, the dealers added above MSRP due to lack of supply, calling it market correction, although some of that is finally going away.

Maintenance and service are issues that are beyond the control of BRP, but remain an issue for us, the consumer. All things mechanical (and electronic) will need service and repairs. If reliability isn't there and a service network isn't in place, the machines will be relegated to "toy" status, and sales will subsequently fall off. (I was a mechanic, working on BRP Ski Doo and other brands in the late '60s early 70s, and realized first hand that training, or lack there-of, affected my ability to do my job. When I failed on the back end, front end sales of the brand also began to suffer.) A dealer must make a profit to stay in business: if the brand promise is unreliable, unsupported products, then dealers will not join in the business model presented. That's what BRP owns.

I wish BRP success down the road. While the changes were not impressive, they remain consistent with the industry. Am I disappointed that apparently Android was again overlooked? Yes, but I've got access to all the technology I want and need on the road through other combinations of gear.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

glad i bought my F3L, 2020 leftover in spring of 2021 , for 20,974.00....... 3 yrs so far , zero issues. wasnt the color i wanted, but only one around here,, liquid titanium, but it has grown on me, its a keeper for life.. with the price increases, i could probably sell it for what i paid for it, or more, only 3000 miles on it,
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    And, the prices keep going up, which, to be fair, reflects the world economy as it is today. Everything costs more, including other motorcycle brands. Innovation is a good thing, but sometimes there is too much of a good thing.
    A lot of these high prices that are around these days are falsely inflated across all industries and businesses. For example my wife is an accountant that works for a company that makes steel for bridges and construction. She just saw a sale from a guy that got an 80% markup and you know what? Nobody at the company said a thing because they could get away with charging the customer that price and they were willing to pay.

We just saw this ourselves when we went to get an estimate for replacing windows on our house. The estimate came in for $29,000 for 18 windows. I politely said no and sent them on their way, my wife was thinking the same thing I was. About the story of her salesman charging the 80% markup just because he could get away with it claiming inflation and supply chain issues. Pretty much everyone is doing it now just because the consumer will not say no and just go along with the narrative.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I just sold my 2017 RTS because I'm moving and taking it across country was going to be difficult and/or expensive. Since I am moving to a new city that I am not familiar with, having CarPlay is going to be great for me with the Navigation capability. I will almost certainly get a 2024 when I get to my new destination. Loved the 2017, but am ready for an upgrade I guess

Spyder Garage

BRP could have done a much better job on the announcement of the 2024 Spyder line -up.

Plus I think that the 2024 Spyder -line was a joke.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

what's going to end up happening is another company will come out with a reverse trike with all the options we've been asking Can Am for years to include. and then you'll start getting people selling their spyders and rykers for this new trike.

I don't think Can Am will change until they get some real competition. right now they are just playing it safe and conservative because they know we have no other place to go to buy reverse trikes.
    2013 RS , Custom black and green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix38 View Post
    what's going to end up happening is another company will come out with a reverse trike with all the options we've been asking Can Am for years to include. and then you'll start getting people selling their spyders and rykers for this new trike.

I don't think Can Am will change until they get some real competition. right now they are just playing it safe and conservative because they know we have no other place to go to buy reverse trikes.
    I have been saying that for a long time now, can am need some competition. And we need some other options for reverse trikes...

I know I am in the minority here but I prefer a more analog riding style and honestly don't even care about extra features. I don't want apple car play, android auto, a touch screen, fancier colors, and even more electronics. I just want some affordability. I had a Ryker and it was fine for what it was... but it wasn't super comfortable for me and definitely not made for two-up imo... but I really just hated the CVT transmission that was always at super high rpms. IF they made the Ryker with a 6 speed manual and a clutch I would probably be all over it.

So the quest to find a decent spyder f3 at an affordable price that I don't have to fly across country for continues.

Spyder Garage

I said back a few years ago...if any of the majors (Yamaha, Kawi, Honda etc. ) came out with similar to Spyder...there would most likely be a lot of Spyders for sale. I know that I would have for sure looked at them. I looked at the "new" at that time HD tri Glide in 2010 before I bought my Premier edition Spyder RT.

If an unknown brand (Ajax or such), I would not be interested at all. Remember the Chinese "knock off" Spyders???

I also would not consider a $50K version of anything. Way to premium for my pocketbook.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-25-2023 at 04:14 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

We use our rider to passenger Sena intercom. Other than that, I've kind of given up on BRP Go even though I did eventually get it to work OK after the latest firmware upgrades. I don't use the radio, speakers or any of those things. On the rare occasions I don't know where I'm going, Apple Maps on my phone is about it, through my headset.

I might use the on bike electronics a bit more with Apple Car Play to do directions, but I'm not about to trade my 21 RT LTD just for a display I could buy using a Garmin type device for a few hundred dollars. There doesn't seem to be much else to prompt me to trade. I couldn't care less what alloy wheel design it has, going into reverse by using the throttle like a Ryker rather than a button isn't that big a deal either. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice enough package but one aimed more at those with much older Spyders, Ryker riders moving up or just new customers to the brand..

I was a bit underwhelmed I admit, thinking a change to a fully automatic transmission on the LTD, shaft drive, a more varied tire offering and few other niceties might tempt one to trade up, but, nope. I imagine there was even less temptation to upgrade to a newer Ryker if I was a current Ryker owner.

I guess I'm just used to BMW, Triumph and other motorcycle manufacturers making slightly more fundamental changes, slightly more frequently. Obviously that's a double edged sword and with BRP not having a lot of competition I suppose it's fair enough. They seem to sell all they can make over the model year, and there is not a true volume manufactured competition. The only things out there are things like Morgans, Vanderwalls and Polaris Sling Shots, but they are autocycles not trikes and are significantly more expensive.

So, I guess I'm not sure it was exactly a joke, but I think they could have put a bit more R&D into the range as it does seem nothing much, other than the display panel and the Tupperware, has really changed since 2015.

I suppose my reaction was more of bleh, same old, same old.
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

This thread cracks me up.... I've been on forums for the bikes I've owned since the invention of MC forums.. The new product year reveal in all those forums were almost Identical to this one, with the exception of dealer network for Harley Davidson... I guess things just don't change for manufacturer to manufacturer... I'm also that guy who doesn't really care about the newer models unless I'm looking to make a change... I happy right now with my bike so i'll keep it... Yeah some thing piss me off about my bike as they did with Honda, Yamaha and Harley... Every car I've ever purchased also...
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T