Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RTS - Won't start; Dash Screen Dark - any ideas?

After riding a few hours my dash screen when dark. Everything else was working correctly. Stopped for lunch, at restart, power comes on, everything appears to start properly, EXCEPT dash screen is dark, Starter will NOT engage. Tried clicking correct buttons to start, neutral, brake on, etc..... Start button will not engage starter to start engine.
    Had Spyder towed home. Cooled all night, problem still exists! Battery new, 12.6 V, does not dip on Starter Button depression.

Any ideas?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The instrument console is central to Ignition-On initialization and functional readiness checks. Apparently your console is failing and cannot complete initialization and readiness checks which, in BRP's process, means your Spyder isn't ready for the road. The next step is failure analysis with BUDS. Hopefully it's only a loose connection to the console or bad solder joints which can be reflowed.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

i had kinda samething on my 2011 about 6 months ago.... had my Spyder hauled home , started really checking things and I thought it was my Battery , I bought a new Battery put it in the bike , started right up ... but.. still seemed like the Battery was low voltage maybe ..... then checking more I found the REAL problem all along..... the Battery GROUND Cable where it has a bolt through it to the frame of the bike was NOT Tight Enough . it has been fine ever since then. hope this might help.
    2011 RTS Spyder