Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate floorboards or smaller floorboards?

Okay, I’m leaning toward purchasing the Ultimate floorboards, but I also like the smaller floorboards that look like they are slightly angled toward the rider. When riding twisties, I use the stock pegs to keep me on the trike & for those of you with floorboards, are you able to counter that force that is trying to throw you off?
    2023 F3-T , Petrol Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
    Okay, I’m leaning toward purchasing the Ultimate floorboards, but I also like the smaller floorboards that look like they are slightly angled toward the rider. When riding twisties, I use the stock pegs to keep me on the trike & for those of you with floorboards, are you able to counter that force that is trying to throw you off?
    I have floorboards that I made , and they are smaller than normal .... I like them, and I ride aggressively .... however It's on a 14 RT ..... so it may not be the same .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I have the ultimate floorboards and love them as they make getting on and off the easier due to MS
    2019 Can Am Spyder F3S
    ICSI Ride Hand Brake Kit as my right leg and foot does not work that well due to MS
    The Ultimate F3 Floorboard
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Shad Saddle Bags
    Lamonster F3 PACKRACK
    SHAD 58X in Carbon finish - Expandable TOP Case
    Pedal Box
    IPS Belt Tensioner and Handlebar Riser from Lamonster
    K&N air filter
    INNOVV K5
    Wilbers Nite Line Shocks
    RLS Cat Delete
    Floating Rotors with EBC Brakes for the front
    I am now broke

I Should mention the Boss has a 900 Ryker Ralli next to my bike
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
    I have the ultimate floorboards and love them as they make getting on and off the easier due to MS

I, too, have the Ultimate floorboards. I like the ability to move fore and aft on these floorboards while cruising. Grip the tank with my knees.
    Also, mounting the byke is much easier than stock pegs or a Third Peg.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-18-2023 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Removed post title - many can't see them & they mess with Searching... ;-)
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Here's another vote for the F3 Ultimate floorboards. There very roomy, comfortable, and make getting on and off much easier. I bought them before I even had my new F3s . Spendy though.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Spyder Garage

Have you tried this?
    When in a turn to the left, push down on the right peg (or floorboard, whatever you have).
    Turning right, push down on the left peg (or floorboard, whatever you have).
    This WILL counter that "throwing me off" feeling.
    Try it!
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Another vote for the Ultimate floorboards. I haven't found anything negative about them
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

I have P5 Ultimate boards on my F3S. You can still ride very aggressively with these boards.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Another vote for the Ultimate F3 Floor Boards.

I like these because I can stretch out more, or I can put my legs/or feet at different positions on the floor boards. My right leg I keep near the brake. When I am on the bike, I use the ultimate F3 floorboards or the passenger floorboards to get on/off the bike.

I also use the passenger floorboards to get on/off the bike.

When making left/or right hand turns my legs hug the gas tank.

I have a 2023 F3 LTD Special Series.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Another Thumbs Up for the Ultimates. There are many fitment options for our F3's. Here are mine, on my F3L, they are #4's. It makes mounting (getting on) the machine much easier and more comfortable being able to shift your leg position. You won't (most likely) regret the purchase.

IMG_5468.jpg
    Last edited by VitoNam; 08-19-2023 at 01:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    [/B][/COLOR]

Have you tried this?
    When in a turn to the left, push down on the right peg (or floorboard, whatever you have).
    Turning right, push down on the left peg (or floorboard, whatever you have).
    This WILL counter that "throwing me off" feeling.
    Try it!
    Hi Pooch, yeah, that’s what I do with the stock pegs, I’m just wondering if I will be able to do that with floorboards.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the replies! For those with the Ultimate boards, are you able to ride fairly aggressively, as compared to the stock pegs?

Spyder Garage

Having an F3L, with the Ultimates, they don't come with pegs and I never ride -aggressively- so I can't answer that question for you.

Spyder Garage

Hi Pooch, yeah, that’s what I do with the stock pegs, I’m just wondering if I will be able to do that with floorboards.
    I have large floorboards on my 2021 RTL and I employ that method on our twisties.
    Started doing this on my Gold Wing trike many years ago... its just a normal habit now - don't even think about it.
    Let us know what you decide and how it goes.
    Cheers!
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the help everyone! I’m about 99% sure I’m going with the Ultimate floorboards. I have new Vredestein Quatrac tires coming next week and then my laser alignment on 9/15, so I’m thinking the Ultimate’s will be the next mod. Ride often & ride safe!

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Another vote for the ultimates, I'm in position 5 and have no problems riding in a spirited fashion. If you look at my sig I also got the F3 oversized brake pedal from the vendor that has the line-x sprayed on and it matches perfectly with the floorboards.

Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 08-19-2023 at 03:11 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Another vote for the ultimates, I'm in position 5 and have no problems riding in a spirited fashion. If you look at my sig I also got the F3 oversized brake pedal from the vendor that has the line-x sprayed on and it matches perfectly with the floorboards.

I like that brake pedal! Do you have an adjustable or non-adjustable brake rod?

Spyder Garage

Another vote for the Ultimates.

2021 Spyder F3-S Special Series
    ————————————————-
    Monster Fuel Injection Stage II
    K&N Air Filter
    Lamonster Cat Delete Pipe with Baffle
    Akrapovic Sinister Exhaust
    Ultimate Floorboards
    Baja Ron’s Anti-Sway Bar Kit
    Elka Shocks Stage 3 Front, Stage 4 Rear
    F4 Customs 32” Windshield
    Pedal Commander
    Lamonster F3 Brake Rod
    Shad SH36 Side Cases
    Crampbuster

Spyder Garage

I like that brake pedal! Do you have an adjustable or non-adjustable brake rod?
    Non-adjustable.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Another vote for the ultimate floorboards. I ride aggressively and will admit that switching from the pegs to the boards took me a little getting used to but now I love the flexibility. If you feel like you need to plant your feet while riding aggressively, you can use the catch on the outer edge of the floorboard where the peg used to be as your bumper.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I have had the floorboards on since I bought the F3 so I have just learned on going with a combo of leaning forward into the turn, shifting foot position back, and "squeezing the tank" with my knee's /thighs.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I know I'm late to the game here. I also installed the Ultimate FB's and love them. I'll mention one advantage to them I haven't read yet. When I'm riding for an extended time I can actually stand up and stretch my butt while the bike is moving. Can't do that with traditional floorboards.
    I also recommend the matching rear floorboards. They make an easy mount/dismount for me and my wife.
    Pricey, but worth it.
    I installed highway pegs because on my 2-wheeler I used them all the time. Not so much when I put them on Miss Scarlett, they just kinda extend the foot space a little. But they do look good.
    2016 S6E , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by narygancy View Post
    I know I'm late to the game here. I also installed the Ultimate FB's and love them. I'll mention one advantage to them I haven't read yet. When I'm riding for an extended time I can actually stand up and stretch my butt while the bike is moving. Can't do that with traditional floorboards.
    I also recommend the matching rear floorboards. They make an easy mount/dismount for me and my wife.
    Pricey, but worth it.
    I installed highway pegs because on my 2-wheeler I used them all the time. Not so much when I put them on Miss Scarlett, they just kinda extend the foot space a little. But they do look good.
    I almost mentioned it and then deleted it because I wondered if I'd get flamed. I agree this is a great feature.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by narygancy View Post
    Pricey, but worth it.
    Do you have highway pegs with the Ultimate floorboards?

Spyder Garage

I love my Ultimate floor boards.. My only problem with them is the lack of vibration dampening. All my other bikes always had rubber that lessened the normal vibration of the bike. Harley probably had the best, the rubber inserts were mounted with rubber tabs so the actual insert sat above the metal floorboard. Other then that they work great.. All the positives, talked about above, out weight this little negative.. I know they are expensive, I think it's still a value. When you consider the cost of other aftermarket floorboards then adding highway pegs it's really not that much more
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T