Spyder Garage

Default Made an appointment to get a Laser alignment done!

Well, I called today and made an appointment for September 15th to get the laser alignment done. I was quoted $466 by one dealership and the one I ended up with quoted $150 plus parts if needed. There aren’t any dealerships in NM that perform the alignment, but I’m looking forward to the ride to Sierra Vista,AZ.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-15-2023 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for the thread..... ;-)
    2023 F3-T , Petrol Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
    Well, I called today and made an appointment for September 15th to get the laser alignment done. I was quoted $466 by one dealership and the one I ended up with quoted $150 plus parts if needed. There aren’t any dealerships in NM that perform the alignment, but I’m looking forward to the ride to Sierra Vista,AZ.
    A word of caution ... last I heard ..BRP doesn't use the " Laser ' system .... so neither do Dealers .... I can't think of ANY parts they would need,( unless Tie rod/s are bent ) to correct the alignment. But that only involves adjusting the " TIE Rods. .... make sure it's a REAL Laser alignment .... Mike

Spyder Garage

can you ride to Las Vegas, NV anytime soon? Squared Away uses the Rolo Laser system. CaptJam is his forum screen name. They travel some too, I had him do my 2015 RT in SC Spyder Rally in 2018

Dealers cost is WAY HIGH, and like BN911 says might not be the laser type. Squared Away is $150 - $200, better than dealer and you could have some breeze too!!
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    can you ride to Las Vegas, NV anytime soon? Squared Away uses the Rolo Laser system. CaptJam is his forum screen name. They travel some too, I had him do my 2015 RT in SC Spyder Rally in 2018

Dealers cost is WAY HIGH, and like BN911 says might not be the laser type. Squared Away is $150 - $200, better than dealer and you could have some breeze too!!
    Wish I could make it to Vegas. This is an authorized installer per the Rolo website, so I’m hoping I’m good.
    2023 F3-T , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

I'm glad you verified that you're getting a laser alignment. I am sorry to say that there are dealerships which promise laser alignment, but don't have the equipment. Why they can't just tell it like it is, is a sad commentary on at least a few dealerships.

Over $400.00 for an alignment, to me, means they don't want to do it. Not a good idea to go where they don't want you. Glad you've found a good option. Travel is cheaper than bad service close by.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just had to do this, drove past 3 other dealerships to get to the one I am using now.

They had to correct issues from the dealership that had done my reframe along with the alignment, what should have been a 1-2 hour job turned into a 4 hour one and they still only charged me under $200 for the alignment.

They even gave me a new RT to try out and gave me a recommendation for breakfast while I was waiting. I have almost 6k on it since they have done the alignment and the tires still look the same as the day I took it to them.

They really nailed it good.

Find yourself another dealer/mechanic.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black