Spyder Garage

Default Any ideas/advice on raising foot boards 6" for driver?

i have a new 2023 and wonder if anyone has an idea on how to raise the foot placement about 6 inches for the driver
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-14-2023 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question.... ;-)

Spyder Garage

If I'm not mistaken Lamonster has foot board raising wedges (or whatever the correct term is).
    2015 Spyder RT-S (Arion) and 2021 RTL Sea to Sky (charming wife)
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Lamonster has foot board raising wedges (or whatever the correct term is).
    Yes…..they are brackets that lift the boards (and a brake pedal block lift if required), Arion, but only a couple of inches. 6” is going to be a big ask. Plus, you would then have to lift the brake pedal a significant amount as well. I imagine you would have to have something fabricated, and I don’t know if it would be possible. I have never seen a request for 6” of extra height before.

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 08-14-2023 at 03:37 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Raising footboards.

I had the same problem with my 2021 Sea to Sky. I obtained some aluminium blocks 2 at 6in square by 1in thick and 2 at 1in by 2in 6in long. I measured in 1/2in in from each end and marked the distance between the footboard bolts. On one side drilled 10mm clearance holes and on the other side 10mm tapping size holes and tapped them 10mm. You will have to obtain longer bolts and thin nuts. PM me if you require more info.
    Alan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flier Tuck View Post
    I had the same problem with my 2021 Sea to Sky. I obtained some aluminium blocks 2 at 6in square by 1in thick and 2 at 1in by 2in 6in long. I measured in 1/2in in from each end and marked the distance between the footboard bolts. On one side drilled 10mm clearance holes and on the other side 10mm tapping size holes and tapped them 10mm. You will have to obtain longer bolts and thin nuts. PM me if you require more info.
    Alan
    How much extra height did that give you, Alan?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I should explain that the lift is for grand child who is having a difficult time getting leg over the seat

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

One question that I have, that I might have missed is, what spyder do you have? Is it a F3 series, or a RT Series?
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Guardsman, we are assuming you are referring to an RT as that’s the way the phrasing reads, but Blacklightning asks a valid question. Which model do you have?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by guardsman21 View Post
    I should explain that the lift is for grand child who is having a difficult time getting leg over the seat
    Guardsman, that raises more questions than it answers. You asked how to raise the drivers foot placement 6”. Is your grandchild going to drive it . Or is he going to sit in front of you? Or is he going to sit behind you, or……..more info needed

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Assuming the child is sitting on the rear seat it might be less expensive to add a second set of rear floor boards and create a stair arrangement to climb up. I would think buying one of those adapters that can relocate a second set of rear floor boards down and forward might cost less than faffing up a custom solution.

https://www.lamonstergarage.com/pass...t-models-2020/
    Last edited by Lee0123; 08-16-2023 at 05:31 AM.
    Lee B
    2022 Can Am RT Limited
    2021 Honda NC750X DCT

Spyder Garage

6" is quite a bit of rise.
    I once saw a Spyder driven by a little person.
    He didn't raise the floorboards, rather he had platforms mounted on top of the floorboards which raised the foot level about 5 or 6 inches.
    Of course, there was a custom-made brake pedal, and if I recall correctly, he also had the ISCI hand brake as well.
    I thought it was a rather ingenious setup.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Can the child mount as if to sit in the driver’s seat then just scoot backward onto the passenger seat?
    Getting off maybe they could remain in place and throw one leg over to the same side as the other leg and scoot down to the driver seat then use the driver foot board to ease down..??
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

sorry all, my bike is a red/black 2023 RT limited
    everyone in my family learns to ride a motorcycle of some kind when they are 5 or 6 years old. All my kids and grand kids, boys and girls ride and love it
    I think the problem is solved with a fold away bracket I designed as a step

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by guardsman21 View Post
    sorry all, my bike is a red/black 2023 RT limited
    everyone in my family learns to ride a motorcycle of some kind when they are 5 or 6 years old. All my kids and grand kids, boys and girls ride and love it
    I think the problem is solved with a fold away bracket I designed as a step
    Ahhhhhh. It becomes clearer…..thanks Guardsman. So brake access is not an issue. It’s just getting on and off the RT

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    6" is quite a bit of rise.
    I once saw a Spyder driven by a little person.
    He didn't raise the floorboards, rather he had platforms mounted on top of the floorboards which raised the foot level about 5 or 6 inches.
    Of course, there was a custom-made brake pedal, and if I recall correctly, he also had the ISCI hand brake as well.
    I thought it was a rather ingenious setup.
    Was this the modified Spyder you were thinking of, Three?

https://youtu.be/F_6Ntxt3Ifc

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Was this the modified Spyder you were thinking of, Three?

https://youtu.be/F_6Ntxt3Ifc

Pete
    Thanks Pete.

No. Not at all.
    I'm thinking of someone who rode with the Maryland Spyder Web. I saw him on the New Holland ride in Amish country.
    I'm sorry, but I can't find any photos of the set-up.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey