Spyder Garage

Default Are there any Better Floor boards for 2019 RT's?

Having bought a new 2023 Sea to Sky 2 weeks ago, we are realizing the floor boards are much bigger and the riding position is just so much better. You def have more room forward on the floor boards...

Is there any thing that can be bolted on , swapped out etc to help the 2019 RTL? There is very little room forward, but was hoping someone has been there done that ....
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WRCLVR View Post
    Having bought a new 2023 Sea to Sky 2 weeks ago, we are realizing the floor boards are much bigger and the riding position is just so much better. You def have more room forward on the floor boards...

Is there any thing that can be bolted on , swapped out etc to help the 2019 RTL? There is very little room forward, but was hoping someone has been there done that ....
    You have the same set-up as my 14 RT, I made some from 3/16 alumin. diamond plate. bolted them to the stock pegs and the bolt that is just forward of the passenger boards ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Did you do a writeup on it Mike? If so could you post back a link, please

Appreciate it sir !!
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

I have a 17RTL which is just like yours. I have the floating foot pegs from Canamspyderacessories.com
    They allow me to stretch out my legs more and are easy to install. I m 5ft 9” tall with a 32 in inseam
    I hope this helps you out.
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

Thanks !! I found the link and already watched the video :-)

Kinda pricey though ....
    Last edited by WRCLVR; 08-07-2023 at 03:34 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Did you do a writeup on it Mike? If so could you post back a link, please

Appreciate it sir !!
    Sorry but I can't remember exactly when I posted on this ..... it was 2014 or 15 ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

So on my 2019 RTL, there are 2 small black plastic parts sitting just on front of the drivers floorboards, one on either side of the bike. I think they are part of the lower bike cover. You can see them in my pic in my sig. Resting your feet on those lightly gives you about 3 inches more room.

Just wondering if i can make some aluminium floor boards that then extend sideways 4-6 inches and then angle up and forward 6 inches to allow even more room. I think 1/8 " diamond aluminium plate would work and be stiff enough if they match the OEM floor board.

Any ideas on this ... Watcha think?

PS our 2023 S2S has waaay more room and allows enough room to stretch out the legs...which is what im after. Really dont like the 2019 RTL driving position with the "jockey" type position.
    Last edited by WRCLVR; 08-28-2023 at 08:48 AM.

Spyder Garage

Older thread, but still - remember that the righthand floorboard has a break-away/drop down feature for heavy braking, which should not be impeded. I have two sets (different styles) of highway pegs, it anyone needs a set. Here is a picture showing the best highway pegs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2024 at 06:53 PM.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Here is a picture showing the best highway pegs.
    Which ones are those -- where to buy?
    2019 Spyder RT Ltd. Bought in Jan 2024. Can-Am states only.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Allen42 View Post
    Which ones are those -- where to buy?
    I do not know the brand, as they were on the Spyder when I purchased it. Make me an offer and pay the shipping.

These attach to the body of the Spyder not the running boards. Which is very good in my mind.

I have a set of ones that mount to the running boards, and I modified the right one to fold back if the running board had to do it's breakaway thing. They are available also.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 02-23-2024 at 09:40 AM.

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

I do not know the brand, as they were on the Spyder when I purchased it. Make me an offer and pay the shipping.

These attach to the body of the Spyder not the running boards. Which is very good in my mind.

I have a set of ones that mount to the running boards, and I modified the right one to fold back if the running board had to do it's breakaway thing. They are available also.
    OK I found the kit and the installation instructions are on the site also. Hundred bucks plus shipping. https://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-...brackets-pegs/
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-23-2024 at 05:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

I PMed you.
    2019 Spyder RT Ltd. Bought in Jan 2024. Can-Am states only.