Spyder Garage

Default Brake light flasher and additional LED light add-on...cheap and easy!

I like to add lighting accessories to be seen on the road. The best accessory IMO is some type of brake flasher module. I found one on Amazon with the flash characteristics that I like...four flasher with adjustable flash rate (Vehicle Brake Light Flasher Module. Safety Flash Light Alert. Universal. For Motorcycles and Cars. Model S1. Four flashes, Brand: Timers.Shop). $18. I wired it in parallel with the existing brake light to an extra outdoor rated LED light strip. Amazon or Ebay sells LED's that you can get for under $20. Just in case the module fails, I still have my existing light working. I recommend that you bench test your module and LED before installing it. The flash rate is easily adjusted by grounding out one wire until you get the flash rate that you desire. Mine is set at about 4 flashes in 2-3 seconds. After that, the light remains lit until you let off the brake pedal. Works incredibly well and I highly recommend this add-on. I've already mounted a second one on an adventure bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Timers.shop began with amazingly programmable relay and has expanded the product line since then. And they work with you to get the solution you want. Highly recommended for your 12V electronic relay needs.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike