Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

I swapped the tire out yesterday evening, but you are right. Thanks again, and I'll keep you posted.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

I waited for temps to warm up a bit and headed out on the most roundabout route to the dealer I could find, right at 200 miles for the day. They said the YAW and SAS settings hadn't changed and were spot on. I'm going to try to quit pestering them for now and just ride the thing, they've shown endless patience and never charged a penny. I do want to note something based on my ride yesterday: I can still create the left turn wobble but it occurs at higher speeds and the sensation is much less exaggerated and frightening, a pleasant surprise and a big relief to me. It's more a jittery scoot feeling rather than a wild wobble, doesn't cause nearly the butt pucker. I turned around and made several passes thru that particular problem curve and the bike never acted up until I was riding twice the limit, 51 in a 25. So maybe the heavier rear tire was actually having an effect. One other factor, I did change the bushings in my front shocks, they were tattered with holes but not completely in two. I didn't have sense enough to think I was conducting an experiment, or I would have held off on the bushings.

Sarah

Edit: Per Hankook the Ventus V2 Concept 2 in 205/45 R16 weighs 18 lbs.
    Last edited by greer; 02-09-2024 at 08:44 AM.
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

If you're riding at twice the limit for corners, stability control could be kicking in completely normal as designed.

Spyder Garage

I'm thinking so too, DickB. I wish to goodness I'd thought to weigh the Kenda tire before I put it back on the bike.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

I did some riding over the weekend, put in over 100 miles. I had zero issues. I was able to do some nice left turn drifts as well. So whatever they did with the new SAS bushing is working, but I guess the question is how long will that last.
    2013 RS , Custom black and green

Spyder Garage

That's good to hear blackphoenix38, thanks for the follow up. Are you still running the factory tire on the rear? Thanks again.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greer View Post
    That's good to hear blackphoenix38, thanks for the follow up. Are you still running the factory tire on the rear? Thanks again.

Sarah
    yeah I'm running the stock tire until I do my clutch kit, then I'm swapping to a more grippy car tire. The kenda won't have the traction I need for the power I'll be putting down.

Spyder Garage

OK, keep us posted please.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Little bit of an update. Got out on a 45 mile ride today on the most curvy roads I have. Not a problem and I was hitting the curves well above what it used to set the nanny off. So far, I’m very happy ��
    2012 RSS
    2022 RT Limited
    2021 Ryker 600
    2021 600 , Black/Yellow

Spyder Garage

Good to hear. I’d like some suggestions for a proven rear tire in 205/45R16. I asked the service manager at the dealership about the Kenda Kanine, he then asked BRP and sent me a copy of the reply, the Kanine is not approved for use on the Ryker.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

so far everything on my ryker is fine. I've probably put a few hundred miles in at this point with no issues. Drifting it no problem and hitting fast turns.

it'll be interesting if this issue comes up again and what triggers it.