Spyder Garage

Default Looks like there's a New 'lift higher' Seat Bracket on the 2023 RT's!?

Ladies and Gents,

Friend just upgraded from the 2018 to a 2023 and as I was looking it over noticed that the seat goes much higher. After looking over it trying to see how this was done looks like BRP has added a new bracket to let the seat raise higher. I looked at the online part catalog and no luck, called my local dealer and it's not showing up for them either. Hopefully in the next few months we will be able to order it and have better access to the gas fill port.

IMG_0508.jpg

Spyder Garage

The seat for 2020 and up RT is a split seat now. 2019 and older is one long seat. The shorter seat is less expensive to have custom built
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    The seat for 2020 and up RT is a split seat now. 2019 and older is one long seat. The shorter seat is less expensive to have custom built
    The 2020 - 2022 seat doesn't go up enough and it's hard to access to check the oil. I should have posted that on my 2021 it doesn't have that added bracket.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NateNC View Post
    The 2020 - 2022 seat doesn't go up enough and it's hard to access to check the oil. I should have posted that on my 2021 it doesn't have that added bracket.
    I had the same problem with my 14 RT ..... but it was the Brake fluid reservoirs that drove me nuts ..... so I got rid of the Gas Strut and made a rigid rod that folded down next to the upper Frame support .... my seat now rises almost vertical. .... Mike

Spyder Garage

My 2021 RT LTD has that same bracket. I just added the spring to the shock. The drivers seat would go higher if it did not hit the passenger seat. I have the OEM comfort seat.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dealer replaced mine under warranty, but that solution not much improvement over the OEM, I expected as much, but I had to try. So a day of my life was wasted getting it done. I like your 'prop it up' solution. I often wonder if the BRP engineers ever tried to gas these things up? Silly question. I put up with the 'little things' 'cause I like my 2020 RTL. :-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    My 2021 RT LTD has that same bracket. I just added the spring to the shock. The drivers seat would go higher if it did not hit the passenger seat. I have the OEM comfort seat.
    Your 21 RT LTD has this bracket because mine doesn't and it doesn't show it in the Parts Catalog. I'm not sure what's going on with BRP if this is the case.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NateNC View Post
    Your 21 RT LTD has this bracket because mine doesn't and it doesn't show it in the Parts Catalog. I'm not sure what's going on with BRP if this is the case.
    My ‘21 doesn’t have that new bracket either, Nate. I’m not sure how Safecracker could have one if he has a ‘21.

Mine looks like this, but clearance is not an issue, as I disconnected the hydraulic lifter when I got my daylong seat as it was too heavy (it is cable tied out of the way in the photo), and I use a 6” metal bar that I keep in the glovebox to hold the seat up. Works a treat …..I also tied off the locking mechanism……it means I never have to worry about the cable release not working when I need to fuel up.

IMG_1592.jpeg

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 08-05-2023 at 06:37 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Since I have the OEM Comfort seat, that may be why I have that bracket. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    Since I have the OEM Comfort seat, that may be why I have that bracket. Bruce
    Can you look on the side of your bracket and see if it's the same part number.