Spyder Garage

Default F3 Base conversion to 2-up - can I buy just passenger footpegs?

I found a fairly good deal on a base f3 but it only has the mono seat cowl. I was looking on the can am site and only saw a "Two up conversion kit" that has a passenger seat and foot pegs. But I have seen this on other bikes and it doesn't match the look of the stock seat. So if I was going to have to replace both anyway, is there a place I can buy just the passenger foot pegs? I didn't see them on the can am site.

Spyder Garage

If you don't go the official Can Am route, be sure to upgrade the rear shock also. The stock one on a base F3 is meant for one riders' worth of weight only. You may be able to find aftermarket pegs only.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yep I can attest to the need of a rear shock for 2 up. I am 235 and my wife about 160-180 and we were bottoming out big time on the stock shock.

Depending on your 2 up that passenger seat is really uncomfortable for the passenger after a short while riding. Upgrade your seat and at least your rear shock it's better to do all 3.

also make sure to get BajaRons ultra-bar if you are going to do a lot of 2up or really spirited riding on your own. Plus the ultra bar is easier to install.

I also have the oem backrest that you can install a back shelf on to suport the passenger and you can bring lunch gear , etc on your ride with you.

Take a look at the pics in my garage and you can see the changes I made in stages. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...r-2020-f3.html

Links for passenger floorboard: https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...ootboards.html

Be aware that you need to order the brass inserts for the floorboards. I had to contact the parts guy at the dealership to order the inserts needed when i found out that they do not come with them and you can't mount them unless you have them.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 08-06-2023 at 06:17 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

You might be able to find the passenger footpegs only on facebook marketplace. I dont believe BRP sells them separately. Im 205 and the wife is 120 and have no issue with the stock rear shock on our 21 base f3.
    21 Spyder base F3