Spyder Garage

Default What does it take to play MP3's on a 2023 RT?

I have a new 2023 RT and am going nuts trying to get this Can Am radio to play my 1000's of personal music mp3's. I have tried various bluetooth receiver/transmitters to no avail. Does anyone know of a solution? All suggestions appreciated.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-30-2023 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Been there done that. Your radio in the dash does not have any kind of player in it.
    Can't just plug in a USB stick and go.
    I load my music onto my phone and play away. (Did not want to do it that way )
    I have a Samsung phone and use Bluetooth and use the Samsung music player which is nice because it starts playing the next song at the last 10 sec of the song playing. And as you also probably found the AM/FM is also terrible.
    Last edited by Dobieone; 07-30-2023 at 03:08 PM.

Spyder Garage

I have a 16 RTL just plug in usb stick with 4000 songs plays good.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by helton61 View Post
    I have a 16 RTL just plug in usb stick with 4000 songs plays good.
    Not on a 20+ radio. I use Aux In audio plug to connect {whatever} MP3 player to the Spyder.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

which is the aux in audio plug on the 2023 RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You’ll want an MP4 player and plugged into the phone jack in the glovebox. Then use the Aux to get music. I think you’ll need to start playing before turning the key on.

Much simpler to pair smartphone and play from that.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I have a 2022 RTL and still have an ipod nano! I plug it into the 3.5mm plug and then use aux to play it. I tried to plug it into an USB, that I installed to keep it charged but then there is no audio. I have no clue why that happens. So, now I have a portable usb charger to keep it charged.
    Current: 2022 RTL SE6 Red Marsala and 2012 622 Trailer Lava Bronze,
    Previous: 2014 RTL SE6 Black Currant - 58,746 miles,
    2012 RTL SE5 Lava Bronze - 19,675 miles

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    I have a 2022 RTL and still have an ipod nano! I plug it into the 3.5mm plug and then use aux to play it. I tried to plug it into an USB, that I installed to keep it charged but then there is no audio. I have no clue why that happens. So, now I have a portable usb charger to keep it charged.
    I think it's because your USB isn't connected to the AUDIO SYSTEM .... jmho ... mIKE

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I think it's because your USB isn't connected to the AUDIO SYSTEM .... jmho ... mIKE
    I think you are right. You still have to connect the phone VIA Bluetooth and then plug in the USB to get the apps to work, no sound without the either the Bluetooth or Aux connections. Usb is for charging and app function.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If you re read the post he plugs it into a 3.5mm plug then uses Aux. So it should still work for Aux music as well as be charged.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    I have a 2022 RTL and still have an iPod nano! I plug it into the 3.5mm plug and then use aux to play it. I tried to plug it into an USB, that I installed to keep it charged but then there is no audio. I have no clue why that happens. So, now I have a portable usb charger to keep it charged.

No, you can't listen to music through the iPod while charging it to USB as it will behave like it’s connected to a computer as the computer sees it as a hard disk while it's plugged in.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-01-2023 at 12:07 AM. Reason: pluged .... ;-)
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red