Spyder Garage

Default The best tire repair kit you could ever buy.

BY far the only thing you will ever need for tire repair.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

B4 or after the plug?

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    BY far the only thing you will ever need for tire repair.
    WOW great looking package ..... how bout a pic of what's in it !!!!!! ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Lmaooooo
    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome, Semper Fi
    2020 RT
    Limited heated seats
    removable back rest & rack
    XK Glow light
    Paint with light painted panels
    (Gone but not forgotten ) 2009 RS SE5
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Just found a Kenda Sales Brochure!

KendaTires.jpg
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post

KendaTires.jpg

Spyder Garage

I'm still using Kenda's.

Almost 200,000 Spyder miles over seven spyders. Used Kendas on all of them. Tried Federals as replacements on the 2014. Sold that one in one year so don't know the full results.

Have K9's on the 2019 as replacements.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-10-2023 at 06:32 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I'm still using Kenda's.
    I am very happy for you! Seriously! I wish all Kendas were as good as your set must be. And, I wish I could use mine. I wonder if the old sayings 'Even a blind squirrel...' and 'Even a broken clock...' could apply to Kendas?

Had a customer who was very happy with their original set of factory Kendas. When the time came, she got another set installed at the dealership. She came by the shop asking what she could do as her new set was shaking more than she liked. We suggested she go back to the dealership and ask them as we could spin balance them but that the dealership would probably re-balance them at no charge. Which they graciously did. But it didn't fix the problem.

She asked us to try. But when we put them on the machine, it was obvious that they were not round. It wasn't cord separating or anything structurally wrong with the tires. We showed her what we found. Very obvious on a slow spinning spindle. And told her there is no way to balance an out-of-round tire. Understandably, she is no longer a Kenda fan.

We don't say 'We told you so'. Or run anyone down for their choices. She was a very satisfied Kenda customer and it was a perfectly logical way to go for her. I'm not happy that the Kendas didn't work for her. But in our experience. The odds can be pretty high that getting 3 Kenda tires. At least one is going to be an issue. In all these years. This has been pretty consistent.

The last thing I'll add is that Kenda can make a round tire as they make a lot of other tire models. Why they don't do this for Can-Am. And why Can-Am doesn't fix this is a question for someone else.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 08-10-2023 at 05:34 PM.

Spyder Garage

I am very happy for you! Seriously! I wish all Kendas were as good as your set must be. And, I wish I could use mine. I wonder if the old sayings 'Even a blind squirrel...' and 'Even a broken clock...' could apply to Kendas?

Had a customer who was very happy with their original set of factory Kendas. When the time came, she got another set installed at the dealership. She came by the shop asking what she could do as her new set was shaking more than she liked. We suggested she go back to the dealership and ask them as we could spin balance them but that the dealership would probably re-balance them at no charge. Which they graciously did. But it didn't fix the problem.

She asked us to try. But when we put them on the machine, it was obvious that they were not round. It wasn't cord separating or anything structurally wrong with the tires. We showed her what we found. Very obvious on a slow spinning spindle. And told here there is no way to balance an out-of-round tire. Understandably, she is no longer a Kenda fan.

We don't say 'We told you so'. Or run anyone down for their choices. She was a very satisfied Kenda customer and it was a perfectly logical way to go for her. I'm not happy that the Kendas didn't work for her. But in our experience. The odds can be pretty high that getting 3 Kenda tires. At least one is going to be an issue. In all these years. This has been pretty consistent.

The last thing I'll add is that Kenda can make a round tire as they make a lot of other tire models. Why they don't do this for Can-Am. And why Can-Am doesn't fix this is a question for someone else.
    and Thanks for pointing this out. I also hate Kenda's for all the reasons you mentioned and a few others like, they are so poorly made the rear tires will BALLOON at anything over 35 mph which wears out the middle of the tire long before the rest of can wear ..... I am frugal tho and recommend if your Kenda's can be easily balanced, just use them until they wear out .... JMHO .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-10-2023 at 03:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

I think it is the number that they make that is the problem. They have a fairly good reputation in small trailer tires, but they make thousands of them. When it comes Spyders and Rykers it's just a drop in the bucket of their total output. They may make more per tire but if the others are going out the door at over 1000 to 1 ratio where would you put your quality control?
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    I think it is the number that they make that is the problem. They have a fairly good reputation in small trailer tires, but they make thousands of them. When it comes Spyders and Rykers it's just a drop in the bucket of their total output. They may make more per tire but if the others are going out the door at over 1000 to 1 ratio where would you put your quality control?
    Your explanation could be part of the answer.

My 2c worth of speculation is that Can-Am (BRP) sets the price point and Kenda produces a tire commensurate with what they are getting paid. Molds and machinery wear out and tolerances begin to drift. If you're not making much profit, you let things go much longer before replacement. Quality control costs money. Very prevalent in many product lines.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 08-10-2023 at 05:42 PM.

Spyder Garage

A good country expression! Boy, you ain"t right. lol

'

Spyder Garage

Your explanation could be part of the answer.

My 2c worth of speculation is that Can-Am (BRP) sets the price point and Kenda produces a tire commensurate with what they are getting paid. Molds and machinery wear out and tolerances begin to drift. If you're not making much profit, you let things go much longer before replacement. Quality control costs money. Very prevalent in many product lines.
    Ron I think the bottom line on Kenda's and BRP is.....MONEY .... BRP is making money on this, I have been un-able to find any LEGAL reason why Spyders must be sold with " so-called " motorcycle tires on them .... Harley Davidson isn't putting motorcycle tires on the Trikes they sell. Why arn't they REQUIRED to put motorcycle tires on their Trikes ???? .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Ron I think the bottom line on Kenda's and BRP is.....MONEY .... BRP is making money on this, I have been un-able to find any LEGAL reason why Spyders must be sold with " so-called " motorcycle tires on them .... Harley Davidson isn't putting motorcycle tires on the Trikes they sell. Why arn't they REQUIRED to put motorcycle tires on their Trikes ???? .... Mike
    Agreed. There is no legal or rational liability issue created by putting a car tire on a car wheel, which is indisputably the case with our Spyders/Rykers. However, 'Rational' is not necessarily the norm these days. Especially when it comes to lawsuits. The modus operandi being to throw everything, including the kitchen sink, at them and see what sticks. Like spilling hot coffee on yourself and ending up with a wad a cash.

And, I think, this is what has many scared off. They just don't want to deal with the possibilities, no matter how remote, for a few bucks on a tire change.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

She asked us to try. But when we put them on the machine, it was obvious that they were not round.
    Is that why my table saw bounces when I move it around the garage?

Table saw.jpg Kenda name.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I'm at 10,000 miles on my 2021 RT with the original Kenda tires. I don't see any excessive wear at all, on either the front or rear tires, nor have I had any issues with the handling of the Spyder. I check the FOBO2 TPMS readings before every ride and have seen virtually no pressure lost over the last few months since I set them at 30 front, 20 for the rear. When I need new tires I likely will just have the dealer put new Kendas on, in part because I have no idea where I would go to have the rear tire replaced other than at the CanAm dealer. I don't imagine that Discount Tires would know how to change that rear tire nor would they likely agree to do so with a car tire on a "motorcycle".
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    I'm at 10,000 miles on my 2021 RT with the original Kenda tires. I don't see any excessive wear at all, on either the front or rear tires, nor have I had any issues with the handling of the Spyder. I check the FOBO2 TPMS readings before every ride and have seen virtually no pressure lost over the last few months since I set them at 30 front, 20 for the rear. When I need new tires I likely will just have the dealer put new Kendas on, in part because I have no idea where I would go to have the rear tire replaced other than at the CanAm dealer. I don't imagine that Discount Tires would know how to change that rear tire nor would they likely agree to do so with a car tire on a "motorcycle".
    #30 psi Front .... 20 psi rear ..... this is opposite from what BRP / Kenda recommends. Any shop that does Auto / truck tires can mount and balance front toires ... The rear doesn't need to be balanced ..... JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Part of the minority with original tires. No issues with the 2020 RTL nor current 2022 F3L . Deserts, mountains, curvy, straight, rain storms etc. Just saying...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    Have you checked tread wear on the rear tire? Are you getting equal depth across the tread area?

Spyder Garage

Hint.

I use blackboard chalk and draw lines across the tyre to check tread wear / or over pressure.
    2017 F3 Ltd

Spyder Garage

Jeezuz it'd be a laugh if the centre wear was a design feature to eliminate aquaplaning on worn tyres.hidesbehindsofa.gif
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

''Experts" say eating red meat makes the sun hot
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

KendaTires.jpg
    You must have hacked their IT systems to get that - it would be classified information
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I'm still using Kenda's.

Almost 200,000 Spyder miles over seven spyders. Used Kendas on all of them. Tried Federals as replacements on the 2014. Sold that one in one year so don't know the full results.

Have K9's on the 2019 as replacements.
    How'd you keep them balanced?
    2012 RTL , Pearl