Spyder Garage

Default How do I pull fault codes on 2020 RTL?

I’ve looked here (although the site is running way slow lately and hard to search), on YouTube, the owners manual, and the web and cannot find how to get active codes on my 2020 Spyder RTL. I had the brake recall completed this past Saturday at my dealership and now I’m getting a brake failure message. I wanted to pull the codes to see specifically where the problem lies.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Push joystick in then down to settings then down to Fault codes. You'll find more info in the owners manual and YouTube.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefburg View Post
    I’ve looked here (although the site is running way slow lately and hard to search), on YouTube, the owners manual, and the web and cannot find how to get active codes on my 2020 Spyder RTL. I had the brake recall completed this past Saturday at my dealership and now I’m getting a brake failure message. I wanted to pull the codes to see specifically where the problem lies.

Pages 31-36 of your owners manual (Large Panoramic Display), shows how to get to the settings menu and any current error codes, Chiefburg.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks…for some reason I was looking for a troubleshooting section or an error code section in the glossary….couldn’t find it. But I know now….

Spyder Garage

Hello Pete,
    I was excited to see your description of how to find error codes; however, when viewed pp 31-36 in my 2014 Owner's Manual, I didn't see anything about finding error codes. You may be able to point me toward how to find those codes - OR - someone else in the community may be able to point me toward how to find those codes on my 2014 Spyder RTL.
    Regards, Patrick
    2014 Spyder RT LTD silver, Corbin saddle w/backrest & gas filler door, 4" stubby antenna, dual USB charging receptacle on dash, handlebar "cuff" attachment point for RAM phone mount, Diamond-R trunk-top level luggage rack, magic mirrors, Bestem saddle bag liners & Hopnel trunk bag (2-piece set), SpyderPops bumpskid (not lighted), highway foot rests; rear tire General Altimax 215/60/15, Baker Wind Wings, LED Headlights, RT Series 2010-2019 Rear Trunk Holder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickH View Post
    Hello Pete,
    I was excited to see your description of how to find error codes; however, when viewed pp 31-36 in my 2014 Owner's Manual, I didn't see anything about finding error codes. You may be able to point me toward how to find those codes - OR - someone else in the community may be able to point me toward how to find those codes on my 2014 Spyder RTL.
    Regards, Patrick
    Hi Patrick……yes, this thread was for ‘20+ RT, which is why you won’t see anything in your 2014 RT manual.

Here’s a video very kindly supplied by The Great Man himself (Lamont), on how to pull up your error codes. Bear in mind that you have to do this step before you turn your RT off, as that often resets the code (although it will pop up again). Hope this helps.

https://www.lamonstergarage.com/calling-up-fault-codes/

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Thank you Pete. I appreciate the link (and the promptness of your response). Regards, Patrick
    2014 Spyder RT LTD silver, Corbin saddle w/backrest & gas filler door, 4" stubby antenna, dual USB charging receptacle on dash, handlebar "cuff" attachment point for RAM phone mount, Diamond-R trunk-top level luggage rack, magic mirrors, Bestem saddle bag liners & Hopnel trunk bag (2-piece set), SpyderPops bumpskid (not lighted), highway foot rests; rear tire General Altimax 215/60/15, Baker Wind Wings, LED Headlights, RT Series 2010-2019 Rear Trunk Holder