Spyder Garage

Default Don't Make a Left Turn - What do you think it is?

4119921.jpg

This is me and the wife on the "Dragon" last week. After 7 months of riding the 2022 Ryker Sport we were excited for our month-long vacation out of Maggie Valley, NC. I ONLY ride two-up. Make that clear. TWO UP. When you put that left footpeg down you block out "Sport" Mode. That leaves me with Eco and Regular modes.

Make sure you understand that. Our first ride into the mountains was in Eco Mode. Plenty of power but thought the handling was a bit funny. We took a rather slow ride on the Blue Ridge and ended up in Cherokee. Heading home I scooted up the mountain and about put us over a cliff. First left-hand turn under throttle and the rear tire felt like it was flat. Happy to get stopped. Puzzled the tire was fine. More riding and at each hard left-hand turn the bike felt like the EZ Rider movie with the elbow going "Nyt, nyt, nyt. That is the entire back of the bike as it all slows down and the power is cut off. After straightening out it then snaps back to the right under power and tries to throw us off the road. It really is that bad.

As the weeks went on I tried regular mode with no difference. Always on left-hand turns. You can crank it on to the right. Avoid left hand turns.

Been hearing about bank angle sensors, traction control, stability control etc. That's all a bunch of crap to me. Got my first Harley in 1956. Raced Bultako, BMW and Sportsters. Own multiple other brands but RA has taken away my clutch hand so an automatic it is. Scheduled an appointment Monday morning at the Can Am Dealer in Lakeland, Florida. Already told them I can not find a way to duplicate this mess in Florida.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-25-2023 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Here is what you need. It's a repair for the Ryker issue you describe.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...&highlight=yaw
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...