Spyder Garage

Default What am I doing wrong - Connecting a Garmin Zumo XT GPS to BRP Connect??

I just sold my 2015 ST Limited and purchased a new 22 F3 Limited. I have installed a Garmin Zumo XT GPS with the Bluetooth device suggested by Lamonster garage to connect to the speakers via the aux jack instead of the BRP connect Bluetooth.

I have my phone connected, with the volume all the way up on the phone, to the Zumo via Bluetooth; and the Zumo connected to Bluetooth device, which is plugged into the aux jack' and the Bluetooth plugged into the USB connector to keep it charged. The phone sends the music to the Garmin, shows up on the screen, and the Garmin sends the music through the Bluetooth device to the speaker, but it only plays at a quarter volume at most. When I connected the phone directly to BRP Connect Bluetooth, the music plays loud.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

I am taking a trip in a week. Please help?!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-24-2023 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question; Caps; & ' 's... ;-)

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What about the volume setting on the garmin? And what is your objective, to play the music that is on your phone through the speakers but control it from the Garmin, or to get navigation voice directions through the bike speakers?
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 07-24-2023 at 03:38 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Default Mixer volume

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    What about the volume setting on the garmin?
    My Garmin has a mixer volume to set the phone and the Garmin level.

Spyder Garage

I have the same setup on my 21RTL. Try bluetoothing your phone and the Garmin both to the Lamonster device. It worked for me.
    2021 Spyder RTL chalk/black/chrome bought in March 21. Previous rides: 2019 Spyder RTL, Orange/chrome. 2015 Harley Heritage, 2002 Harley Heritage, 77 Harley Electra Glide, 75 Harley Electra Glide, 72 Harley Sportster (first bike bought new)
    My Spyder Mods
    Rider backrest, F&R cup holders; F3 handlebars; BRP LED driving light; LaMonster front fender and mirror turn signals, LaMonster Saddlebag lights, Auxito LED rear turn signal blubs w/ built in load resistor; Brake lite modulator/flasher; LaMonster flags on trunk; Garmin Zumo XT. LaMonster Bluetooth adapter for Phone & GPS through Spyder speakers. LaMonster floorboard risers; FOBO tire pressure monitors, Vredestein front and rear tires; BajaRon sway bar.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    What about the volume setting on the garmin? And what is your objective, to play the music that is on your phone through the speakers but control it from the Garmin, or to get navigation voice directions through the bike speakers?
    Yes, I am trying to control phone through the Garmin and also get the directions through the speakers. I did find some of my trouble last night, was able to get the Garmin master volume turned up but it is not as loud as connecting my phone directly via the BRP Bluetooth. What is the secret to get the Garmin to connect to the BRP Bluetooth using the Lamonster Bluetooth device and aux jack? It tries to connect but fails all the time...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-25-2023 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Fixed Quote display; try's... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Is it was loud as connecting your phone directly to the BRP Bluetooth and playing music that way. Because there is a huge difference for me. The BRP Bluetooth is way louder

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Meadvillesypder View Post
    Yes, I am trying to control phone through the Garmin and also get the directions through the speakers. I did find some of my trouble last night, was able to get the Garmin master volume turned up but it is not as loud as connecting my phone directly via the BRP Bluetooth. What is the secret to get the Garmin to connect to the BRP Bluetooth using the Lamonster Bluetooth device and aux jack? It tries to connect but fails all the time...
    Oh. No, you don't use the Lamonster device to connect to BRP Connect. You use the Lamonster device INSTEAD of BRP Connect. The concept from WDAVEY is that you don't connect the Garmin to BRP Connect at all. You'r right. It won't do that. I was messing around with that very thing yesterday myself.

Pair and connect the Garmin DIRECTLY TO the Lamonster device as a headset, NOT to BRP Connect. I don't have one yet and you may have to do something to put it into pairing mode so that it is "discoverable". The Lamonster device will send its audio that it receives from the Garmin to your bike as an AUX input. So, on the bike, you will switch your Audio input setting FROM Bluetooth TO AUX. You don't need to connect the Garmin to BRP Connect because you are bringing in audio from the Lamonster device as an AUX input through that 3.5mm aux jack. You just have to have the Garmin paired and connected to the Lamonster device. Try some navigation instructions now and bring the volume up.

Then what he did up above, was connect the phone DIRECTLY TO the Lamonster Device, so both are paired and connected to the Lamonster device, via bluetooth, at the same time. Both the phone and Garmin audio will be coming into the bike as AUX. Nothing is paired with or connected to BRP Connect via bluetooth. Check that configuration out and see what your get. You might want to unpair everything from everywhere and start with a clean slate.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 07-25-2023 at 10:49 AM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238