Spyder Garage

Default My 22 RT is making strange high-pitched noises at 37-40mph - causes?.

I currently ride a Can-Am 2022 RT. The mileage is 1500 miles.

At first there was no noise. But from 1200 miles it started making noise. It only makes noise when running at speeds of 37 to 40 mph (60 to 65 km/h), and at 41 mph the sound disappears in an instant. At other speeds there is no sound.

Equipped with improved white pulleys. high-pitched noise? It seemed to make the same annoying wind noise.

What could be the cause... I went to the dealership, but they keep avoiding it...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-23-2023 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I have a similar problem with a howling sound at 45 to 55 mph. My 2023 still has the stock tires on it and that is where the sound is coming from I think.

Spyder Garage

Just my opinion, I had the same issue, no matter what was done the noise was still there.
    I noticed that my belt was all but touching (maybe touching a little) on the inside of the rear pully.

I adjusted the rear belt alignment, and the noise went away.
    Have your alignment checked and adjusted if needed. It worked for me.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Just my opinion, I had the same issue, no matter what was done the noise was still there.
    I noticed that my belt was all but touching (maybe touching a little) on the inside of the rear pully.

I adjusted the rear belt alignment, and the noise went away.
    Have your alignment checked and adjusted if needed. It worked for me.
    oh! I'll have to visit the garage sometime.

Spyder Garage

As a quick test to see if the belt rubbing is the issue, get some belt lube of some sort, silicon grease, or the like, and put some on the inside edge that looks like it's rubbing on the drive pulley. Go for a test run and see if the noise goes away. The lube won't last long but will be enough to prove it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-27-2023 at 06:05 PM. Reason: ' 's; enough ;-)

Spyder Garage

I don't think that it's an issue of the belt running against the sides of the sprocket, but rather not even pressure across the face of the belt.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue