Spyder Garage

Default Heads-up to all those using GoPro Hero 8 Black Action cameras.............

Took a ride this morning in this beautiful 105 heat index SC weather to shoot some videos of my favorite rides nearby. I've had this camera (GoPro Hero 8 Black) for a few years now and love the clear rock solid videos it takes. Anyway, all was well till I got home to download my video and charge the battery for the next trip. When I went to remove the battery, using the plastic tab on top of the battery, the whole top of the battery came off leaving the body of the battery stuck in the camera. The battery must have swelled from the heat and humidity and grew too big to slide out. Yikes! Now what? Well, the first thing I did was set the camera and stuck remains of the battery in front of my shop fan for about 20 minutes in hopes of cooling and shrinking the battery. These cameras are tres expensive and I did not want to damage it and have to replace it. Next, I got a wide thin screwdriver and very carerfully inserted it around the perimeter of the battery. I tapped the open end of the camera down onto a foam mouse pad and the culprit started slowly edging it's way out. Eureka! It's out with no damage to the camera. I went online to purchase another back-up battery and found a great deal on the only GoPro Battery that works with the Hero 8 Black. They normally sell for $19.99 and above each, but on the Go-Pro site I was able to buy it for $12.99. I bought 3 for back-ups. (with a $10 shipping charge which still saved me a bundle). Do not use any 3rd party batteries in the Hero Black 8. They are not compatible to this model. They are for every other model prior to the 8 Black, but not the BLACK. The battery has a blue bottom (See pic) Sorry for the sideways pic and long post. Just trying to prevent someone from going through the ordeal I had Today.
    Glide-on Brothers and Sisters>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IMG_7051.jpg
    Last edited by Valkrocket; 07-19-2023 at 12:47 PM.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue