Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Got 10,000 mi on first Kenda and 9,400 mi on the second. Have just put a Toyo Proxes 4 on. Both my tyres wore in the centre despite running low pressures. A friend following me one day said every time I went round a corner (in suburbia), and gave the Spyder a fistful, the tyre would spin up (like a dragster?) and sometimes smoke was coming off it. Not sure if he was taking the p*** out of me but it did explain wearing in the centre. The manual mentions rear wearing in the centre first.

Had to get a new rear at 9,400 mi. Could have lasted longer but I got hit in the tail and the hitter gave me false details that I twigged to as he was driving off. When I went to report the accident to the police, they took one look at my rear tyre and suggested I get a new one.
    ɹəpunuʍop ɯoɹɟ oʞɔıp

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tjfischer View Post
    I am reluctant to put any kind of gooo in my tires. It just ain't right. If I get a flat I repair on site.
    Problem with goo is it not only seals the puncture but the valve as well. Cannot pump your tyre up again. It's a once use thing but it is handy. Used it on a push-bike several times and a motor-bike (with an inner tube) once.
    ɹəpunuʍop ɯoɹɟ oʞɔıp

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dicko View Post
    Problem with goo is it not only seals the puncture but the valve as well. Cannot pump your tyre up again. It's a once use thing but it is handy. Used it on a push-bike several times and a motor-bike (with an inner tube) once.
    Dicko,
    Don't compare Ride-On with things like Fix a Flat that you add to your tires after you have a problem. It is not the same. With Ride-On you can still add and take out air in the tires. You would really need to read the details from their website. Even municipalities and commercial carriers use this to PREVENT a problem not fix a problem. Check out their site and read some of the testimonials. I think you might be impressed. http://www.ride-on.com/
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

It changes nothing about adding air or taking air out. Most of the custom bike builders use this stuff on the high dollar rims that they don't want wheel weights on.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Rideon tire sealant

I have been using Rideon in my bike tires for a few years. When I had tires mounted I always specified ''Do not balance" and installed Rideon. Tires where always in balance and never had a flat in 6 years.

I asked the tech who had unmounted tires with Rideon in them if it created a problem for him. He hadn't even realized it was there.

Ride on only coats and protects the tread area of the tire. A sidewall leak should never be repaired anyway.

Dennis in MD
    The Krusty Old Phart
    Still turnin' burnin' and lurnin'
    2008 Yellow SE5 - Both updates and ground wire mod.
    2001 VN750 - sold
    2006 VStrom - sold
    1997 Savage - crashed