Spyder Garage

Default Is there a Rear Brake Rewind Tool Set that includes Spyder's Brembo caliper?

This maybe should be in shop talk, but applies to both F3's and late model RT's.

I realize Baja Ron has a rewind fitting that fits the face of the Brembo rear piston, but I'd like to find a rewind tool set like
    https://tinyurl.com/y747m5cy that covers multiple vehicles.

We have a Mini Cooper that uses the same type of screw-in retraction piston. I've done the brakes on it and borrowed the following tool set from a friend (https://tinyurl.com/yc4hubs7) that worked on the Mini's rear calipers. It does not, however, have the proper fitting for the Spyder's Brembo piston. The first set I listed is typical of those found on Amazon with a larger selection of fittings than the second, the one that I borrowed. Has anyone purchased a set like the first and successfully used it for the Spyder's rear caliper?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-15-2023 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder daily driver - 2015 F3S magnesium - grocery getter
    BajaRon swaybar, Shad sidecases and Givi top case with Admore kits, adjustable brake rod, LaMonster LED headlights, Stebel Nautilus, Zumo 396, FOBO TPMS, F4 Customs windscreen and bump skid
    Front Tires - 175/55R-15 Yokohama AVID S34FA SL
    Rear - General Altima RT45

Spyder touring buddy (White-Whale) - 2018 RTL pearlescent white - set up for touring and local dates with SWMBO.
    LaMonster LED headlights, Stebel Nautilus, Zumo 396, Spyder cuff, FOBO TPMS, driver adjustable backrest, rear view mirror LED turn signals, and Eastern Beaver PC-8R fuse box. Baja Ron Ultra Sway Bar on the way.

Front Tires - Stock Kendas

Other motorcycle transport - 2010 Honda NT700VA Deauville and assorted vintage Japanese bikes

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikthebik View Post
    This maybe should be in shop talk, but applies to both F3's and late model RT's.

I realize Baja Ron has a rewind fitting that fits the face of the Brembo rear piston, but I'd like to find a rewind tool set like
    https://tinyurl.com/y747m5cy that covers multiple vehicles.

We have a Mini Cooper that uses the same type of screw-in retraction piston. I've done the brakes on it and borrowed the following tool set from a friend (https://tinyurl.com/yc4hubs7) that worked on the Mini's rear calipers. It does not, however, have the proper fitting for the Spyder's Brembo piston. The first set I listed is typical of those found on Amazon with a larger selection of fittings than the second, the one that I borrowed. Has anyone purchased a set like the first and successfully used it for the Spyder's rear caliper?
    I had an adjustable one ..... However, even with using two Star washers and a lock nut, I couldn't get it to stay at the setting I wanted ..... so I just welded it ......Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-15-2023 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Tractor Supply has the kit
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

In case you consider the one that Harbor freight has it does not include one that fits. I bought that one and had to grind the pins smaller to fit in the holes.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

A pair of needle nose pliers works well. Just push in as you turn.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bensonoid View Post
    In case you consider the one that Harbor freight has it does not include one that fits. I bought that one and had to grind the pins smaller to fit in the holes.
    If I can't find one that fits, I'll look at the kit faces I have to see if that might work. Thanks

BajaRon swaybar, Shad sidecases and Givi top case with Admore kits, adjustable brake rod, LaMonster LED headlights, Stebel Nautilus, Zumo 396, FOBO TPMS, F4 Customs windscreen and bump skid

Spyder touring buddy (White-Whale) - 2018 RTL pearlescent white - set up for touring and local dates with SWMBO.
    LaMonster LED headlights, Stebel Nautilus, Zumo 396, Spyder cuff, FOBO TPMS, driver adjustable backrest, rear view mirror LED turn signals, and Eastern Beaver PC-8R fuse box. Baja Ron Ultra Sway Bar on the way.

Other motorcycle transport - 2010 Honda NT700VA Deauville and assorted vintage Japanese bikes

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    A pair of needle nose pliers works well. Just push in as you turn.
    Have done that twice on my Spyders, but based on the easy experience of using the correct tool on the Mini, I'll go for the tool, if it has the right fitting (or one I can grind to fit. )

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bensonoid View Post
    I might have to take back what I said about the HF brake service kit. The smaller Maddox kit that I bought does not have the proper size but maybe this new, bigger one they now carry does?
    https://www.harborfreight.com/master...tm_content=ntt
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s