Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Rear tire installed.

Got my tire Installed, I had to ''argue'' with the owner that the ''MY tire" was safe.

First 12 miles seam fine no rubbing or faults ( I really hammered some roundabouts).

when the tire cools off I need to get the pressure down to 20 LBS they did not listen to me and set the PSI to Can Am specs of 28 PSI.

Yes I was raped at checkout $296-

But my tire is on the 3-oz of balance beads are in.

Now I can travel knowing I have 2 ok tires and one awesome one.

One more thing that tire being 10mm taller really fills up that fender.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SLICE; 07-12-2023 at 10:14 AM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    Got my tire Installed, I had to ''argue'' with the owner that the ''MY tire" was safe.

First 12 miles seam fine no rubbing or faults ( I really hammered some roundabouts).

when the tire cools off I need to get the pressure down to 20 LBS they did not listen to me and set the PSI to Can Am specs of 28 PSI.

Well very happy you finally got this done..... Yes it did cost quite a bit to get it done , but way less than the orig. price for a Crapenda tire ..... However after going thru all this trouble, why did you chose a tire I doubt anyone has ever heard of ???? .... I recommended a Riken Raptor ( which has very good rating & I have and really like ) in the same size and delivered to your door for about $ 98.00 ..... JMHO .... Mike ....PS , I found your/this tire on amazonselling for $ 87.93 ( delivered ) ..... hope you got it for a lot less
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-12-2023 at 11:02 AM.

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear of it. I was a little concerned knowing you have a trip coming up.
    Chip
    2020 RTL
    "Stella by Starlight"
    UltraGard Full Cover, Front & Rear Cup Holders, Elka Stage 2 Rear Shock, TC & Dave Signal Button, Spyder Extras Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Well its done now.

Easy enough to air it down I guess, once your in position.

Just waiting on the e-bay to deliver my TPMS and will swap my tyre out for a new Kumho thats available here and suited to our road surfaces.
    I will get the tyre fitted to the rim and balanced at the shop, but remove and re-fit the wheel assembly myself with the TPMS fitted.
    Last edited by Isopedella; 07-12-2023 at 12:08 PM.
    2017 F3 Ltd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Well very happy you finally got this done..... Yes it did cost quite a bit to get it done , but way less than the orig. price for a Crapenda tire ..... However after going thru all this trouble, why did you chose a tire I doubt anyone has ever heard of ???? .... I recommended a Riken Raptor ( which has very good rating & I have and really like ) in the same size and delivered to your door for about $ 98.00 ..... JMHO .... Mike ....PS , I found your/this tire on amazonselling for $ 87.93 ( delivered ) ..... hope you got it for a lot less
    Yep got mine from amazon, I just posted that original link for the tire long before I ordered it from Amazon.

Spyder Garage

Glad you got it done, and there were no further injuries involved except to your wallet ;-)>.
    I've always done most if not all of my maintenance. Not just on bikes but everything. Now that I'm 66, I'm letting the younger fellas do some of the harder stuff. I hate paying for something I can do, but it hurts a lot less.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post

enjoy the trip share accordingly :yes &STAY COOL(some maybe out of order; cool to enjoy trip, ect)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I don't know if you remember or not but I asked you about this tire several months ago, and you said you never heard of it. So I went ahead and got the tire you suggested , the Riken Raptor

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Can you post a link for that riken, cant find anywhere.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mandytuning View Post
    Can you post a link for that riken, cant find anywhere.
    Go to Tire rack .... pick " by Brand " ... go to RIKEN ... go to Raptor HR .... pick your size .... DON"T ask anyone any questions .... just pick it and buy it .....Sorry I can't do links ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    I don't know if you remember or not but I asked you about this tire several months ago, and you said you never heard of it. So I went ahead and got the tire you suggested , the Riken Raptor
    Well I'm old and forgetful ( sorry )....But I don't recall anyone other than you that ever mentioned the FORCEUM tire. I' m glad you tried the RIKEN .... I recently did a follow-up test report on how well it did at 75 MPH in a downpour ( the VSS never tripped on ) ....... How do you like the Riken ????? .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I followed Mike's guidance and put a Raptor on the back and can only say "holy crap", the handling is phenomenal. I'm an aggressive rider, retired MSF instructor, driving instructor when I worked for the sheriff's office with almost 50 years of riding. All I can say is that this tire can out perform me or the spider.

It also got my speedometer to 1 mph of my GPS.

Thanks Mike.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

Hmm I might need to look into this tire. I recently put a Vredestrian in the rear and I'm not getting enough traction. Running 19 psi I need to try 17 and see if it helps. If that doesn't do the trick I'm gonna pull it and try something else. Keep in mind pretty much everything on my spyder performance wise has been upgraded....so ymmv if you run stock.

What size raptor are you'll running?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by javajaws View Post
    Hmm I might need to look into this tire. I recently put a Vredestrian in the rear and I'm not getting enough traction. Running 19 psi I need to try 17 and see if it helps. If that doesn't do the trick I'm gonna pull it and try something else. Keep in mind pretty much everything on my spyder performance wise has been upgraded....so ymmv if you run stock.

215/60/15

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Interesting .... I found and recommend the Vredestein Brand as my top choice. ..... I have heard very few complaints about traction being an issue .... maybe 17 psi will work for you ...... keep us informed .... Mike .... I recently posted about my High speed wet road experience ( like running water on the road surface Wet ) ..... I was impressed with my Riken rear & Q-5 fronts .....

Spyder Garage

Default Running in tires.

Slice, are you aware that for good tire life and performance all manufacturers recommend running in tires at reasonable speeds for around 200 miles or more.

Spyder Garage

Nice looking tire big guy!!!Was that price for mounting and tire? I found a guy that will break down and balance for a great price, next time wait till your in Maine!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flier Tuck View Post
    Slice, are you aware that for good tire life and performance all manufacturers recommend running in tires at reasonable speeds for around 200 miles or more.
    My speed were reasonable for Florida I was only 25 MPH over the posted limit and being passed...

Florida, GO or get run over.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Nice looking tire big guy!!!Was that price for mounting and tire? I found a guy that will break down and balance for a great price, next time wait till your in Maine!!
    That was just for the install, like I said I got raped.

Spyder Garage

Interesting .... I found and recommend the Vredestein Brand as my top choice. ..... I have heard very few complaints about traction being an issue .... maybe 17 psi will work for you ...... keep us informed .... Mike .... I recently posted about my High speed wet road experience ( like running water on the road surface Wet ) ..... I was impressed with my Riken rear & Q-5 fronts .....
    Also which Vredestrain are you running? I agree with Blueknight911 as all of the Vredestrain's have very good traction ratings.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

205/60 r15 Quatrac

Spyder Garage

205/60 r15 Quatrac
    Thats disturbing new's.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here is the tire rack link for the Riken Raptor HR ... https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes

I have the Quatracs all the way around and are very happy them. I have the 205 60 15 on the back and it has about 20k on it with plenty of tread left and I am a pretty aggressive rider.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Also which Vredestrain are you running? I agree with Blueknight911 as all of the Vredestrain's have very good traction ratings.

According to the mechanic that did my alignment a couple of months ago after I installed my wilbers was cool with me having car tires on but he said that he felt that the Quatracs had too much of an aggressive tread for the Spyder.

When he had finished up with the alignment he was taking some test drives and didn't like the fact that even though everything was lined up but yet if he let go of the handlebar, the quatracs would follow the crown in the road due to the aggressive tread.

He said on roads with less of a crown it wasn't reacting as much but roads with more steeper crowns it was pulling the spyder right into it and felt a less aggressive tread would solve that problem. I am running 165/60/15 fronts and 205/60/15 rear.

He did a good job on the alignment, I have over 3k on it since he did it and I don't have the wear that I did with the first set of Quatrac's that were on the front.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 07-13-2023 at 06:23 PM. Reason: corrected tire sizes.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    According to the mechanic that did my alignment a couple of months ago after I installed my wilbers was cool with me having car tires on but he said that he felt that the Quatracs had too much of an aggressive tread for the Spyder.

When he had finished up with the alignment he was taking some test drives and didn't like the fact that even though everything was lined up but yet if he let go of the handlebar, the quatracs would follow the crown in the road due to the aggressive tread.

He said on roads with less of a crown it wasn't reacting as much but roads with more steeper crowns it was pulling the spyder right into it and felt a less aggressive tread would solve that problem. I am running 165/65/15 fronts and 205/60/15 rear.

He did a good job on the alignment, I have over 3k on it since he did it and I don't have the wear that I did with the first set of Quatrac's that were on the front.
    Thanks for this info. I'm about 99% positive that this is the tire that I will install when the time comes.