Spyder Garage

Default M2 Shocks for Ryker from RPS

Since I couldn't find much concerning M2 shocks on a Ryker prior to placing my order for a set, I wanted to post my experience.

Prior to ordering, I had a couple questions and received very quick responses.

My shocks arrived in about 6 weeks, though I had been quoted 3-4.

The install was straight forward and the "out of the box" setup on the fronts was very, very good. Marcus reached out to me the day after I received them and when I told him the back shock was very jarring, he immediately told me what adjustments to make. The result was spot on.

I'm still waiting for the weather to straighten up so I can go for an extended ride, but the 68 miles I logged on them yesterday was nothing short of fantastic. The Ryker really stays planted on the road and wanders far less. It is much less fatiguing to ride since it handles so much better.

If you're on the fence, give RPS your order, wait for them to build shocks to fit you and your riding style and then go put miles on.

Spyder Garage

So, now that I've gotten a chance to ride and fiddle with the new shocks, I wanted to provide a more detailed post. Since installation, I've logged just over 900 miles on them. When Marcus advised me on the rear shock setup, he was spot on. It has had the spring lengthened 3 full revolutions and the dampening turned out 20 clicks from the "stock" setup he supplied. On my own, I've lengthened the front springs 2 full revolutions and turned the dampening out 5 clicks from the supplied setup. With these adjustments, the Ryker is dead steady on the road and vastly more comfortable to ride. It is firmly planted on the road and corners without drama, even at well over the speed limit. I did make the nanny kick in today, but the bike was still following the turn nicely and no drama.

I'm very pleased with the handling and comfort of my Ryker with the M2 Shocks and am planning to begin touring on it. Hope this thread helps if you're looking at a shock upgrade.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-09-2023 at 07:51 PM. Reason: :

Spyder Garage

Danvirsse

I replaced my factory shocks on my F3S with M2Shocks and the ride and handling have been amazing, one of the best upgrades I did. I'm an old school bike builder and normally used off the shelf shocks, I'm glad I didn't this time. Marcus really knows his stuff. When I first decided to go with M2, I called and talked to Marcus, we spent over an hour just bumping gums, the man takes a genuine interest in his customers and listens to what they're after, I can't say enough good things about him. I did have a problem with one of the shocks, rather than sending me one shock he sent me a complete set for the front, he stands behind his product. You can't go wrong with M2Shocks or Marcus McBain

Spyder Garage

Glad you found a good fix to BRP's problem!! I found that Elka was a good choice for me and don't regret doing it at all. In my eye's any shock out there would be better than what they use right now.
    2012 RTL , Pearl