Spyder Garage

Default Please tell me the trick for '23 Ryker stock seat reinstall?

Allright, Guys. My Fat A was hot and not paying attention as I was throwing my leg over to get on, and my boot hit the seat. Popped the thing right off. I tried messing with it in the parking lot. Didn't work and I was hot and now pissed off. Put it on loose, sat, and rode home. I have looked on youtube with no help except for one guy saying you had to raise the clamshell. Now I get having to do that with the install of the other seats, but the stock seat? Anyways, please tell me there is another way than the crazy az engineered way of having to raise the clamshell to install the stock seat with just those rubber tabs things.

TIA,

Brock
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-27-2023 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

If the tabs are bent or broken off then the seat won't go on very well. If they are straight then the seat should just click down into place.

Spyder Garage

Following..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    If the tabs are bent or broken off then the seat won't go on very well. If they are straight then the seat should just click down into place.
    Stock is rubber tabs - if you have one that "just clicks down" then I'm guessing you have the comfort seat.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by x2breid1 View Post
    Allright, Guys. My Fat A was hot and not paying attention as I was throwing my leg over to get on, and my boot hit the seat. Popped the thing right off. I tried messing with it in the parking lot. Didn't work and I was hot and now pissed off. Put it on loose, sat, and rode home. I have looked on youtube with no help except for one guy saying you had to raise the clamshell. Now I get having to do that with the install of the other seats, but the stock seat? Anyways, please tell me there is another way than the crazy az engineered way of having to raise the clamshell to install the stock seat with just those rubber tabs things.

TIA,

Brock
    Because the stock seat has the rubber holders - the "right" way - as dumb as it may be is to clam shell it. That said, some folks have had success by using Binder clips or zip ties to hold the rubber ties folded straight - allowing them to push the seat down - and then remove the zip tie or binder clip to allow the rubber to fold back open. I'll be honest - I've not had much luck this way - and because I work on them a lot for folks - I can clam shell it quickly - that's my preferred route as it's the right way to do it.

The comfort seat and some others actually have metal spring clips and literally just push down on - snapping into place - but the stock rubber tabs suck.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Yeah the stock rubber sucks. I was wanting to try the comfort seat anyways. So, itll be here friday in the mean time my big butt is holding it down just fine. lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by x2breid1 View Post
    Thanks, Yeah the stock rubber sucks. I was wanting to try the comfort seat anyways. So, itll be here friday in the mean time my big butt is holding it down just fine. lol
    The new one will snap right down. In the meantime - try not to lose your seat. ;-)
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    Because the stock seat has the rubber holders - the "right" way - as dumb as it may be is to clam shell it. That said, some folks have had success by using Binder clips or zip ties to hold the rubber ties folded straight - allowing them to push the seat down - and then remove the zip tie or binder clip to allow the rubber to fold back open. I'll be honest - I've not had much luck this way - and because I work on them a lot for folks - I can clam shell it quickly - that's my preferred route as it's the right way to do it.

The comfort seat and some others actually have metal spring clips and literally just push down on - snapping into place - but the stock rubber tabs suck.
    I have the comfort seat and it's apparently a little different. The tabs are plastic and there are no metal spring clips.