Spyder Garage

Question Is SHAD Top Master compatible with OEM SHAD side case racks?

Hello F3(S) owners. As asked in the title, do any of you know if the SHAD Top Master for a top case is compatible with the OEM SHAD side cases installed? I searched the forums but didn't see any results talking about the side and top cases installed together. I like the quality of the SHAD cases and would like to run a 3-case setup if I get an F3-S. If it's either the side cases or the top case then I understand now why SlingMods came out with their 3-case setup using the JDR cases (although the plug and play case lights are a nice differentiator as well).

Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by BigPoppa; 06-27-2023 at 04:15 PM. Reason: grammar

Spyder Garage

I also have an F3-S, to which I have added the OEM Shad side cases, and a Shad top case mounted to this rack:

https://www.canamspyderaccessories.c...elf-aluminium/

While this isn't a system, it holds a ton of gear.
    2016 Spyder F3-S

Spyder Garage

That’s certainly a beefier looking top case rack than what’s on SHAD’s website. I’ll have to remember this rack if I decide to pull the trigger on an F3-S (which I’m currently leaning heavily towards). Any idea if the OEM passenger armrests could be added once you have the side and top cases installed? My immediate goal is the 3-case setup but if my wife ends up doing any significant riding with me she may want me to add the arm rests for a more secure feeling.

Spyder Garage

Happy wife, happy life!!! Put them on now, just in case!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
    That’s certainly a beefier looking top case rack than what’s on SHAD’s website. I’ll have to remember this rack if I decide to pull the trigger on an F3-S (which I’m currently leaning heavily towards).
    I assure you it is a VERY solid rack.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
    Any idea if the OEM passenger armrests could be added once you have the side and top cases installed? My immediate goal is the 3-case setup but if my wife ends up doing any significant riding with me she may want me to add the arm rests for a more secure feeling.
    I'm sorry, BigPoppa, I do not know.
    2016 Spyder F3-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodswoman View Post
    I also have an F3-S, to which I have added the OEM Shad side cases, and a Shad top case mounted to this rack:

https://www.canamspyderaccessories.c...elf-aluminium/

While this isn't a system, it holds a ton of gear.
    I have the Shad side cases, and the same rear rack as you. What Shad top case did you install, and any fitment issues with the rear rack?

Thanks,
    Rick
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RickWB View Post
    I have the Shad side cases, and the same rear rack as you. What Shad top case did you install, and any fitment issues with the rear rack?

Thanks,
    Rick
    Rick, I happened to already own both an SH42 and an SH46. They share the same universal mounting base. I swap boxes depending on how much space I need, or leave them off altogether.

I could wish there were a few more holes cut in the rack, through which I could have threaded mounting bolts. My husband offered to drill some ... but in the end I made it work with the existing holes (pattern) that were already there.
    2016 Spyder F3-S