Spyder Garage

Default Replaced rear turn & back up lights with LED's, now blinking fast! Fixes?

I decided to replace my incandescent bulbs (rear turn signals and back up bulbs) with led for brighter awareness. Now my turn signals blink fast so I would like to ask for advice about how to correct this issue please..? Thanks
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

You need either an Led turn signal flasher OR resistors. Don't ask how I know. The sellers very rarely if all explain this.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Spyder Garage

Had the same problem with my Honda Pioneer 1000. I replaced the stock flasher relay for this one, and it works great. Not sure about Can Am
    fl3-red-led-bulb-electronic-flasher.jpg

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

OR you could just leave them flashing faster ..... they are actually More noticeable doing the Hyper Flash thing.... You said want to be More noticeable .... well you will be .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

I did the reset and sometimes they flash correctly and sometimes they flash faster. I don't really care as long as they flash.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Try replacing the LED's with new LED's from Auxito. Theirs come with load resistors built into the bulbs so you don't have to modify the wiring on your Spyder. I used them on my 21 RTL and it was plug and play with no hyper flash.
    2021 Spyder RTL chalk/black/chrome bought in March 21. Previous rides: 2019 Spyder RTL, Orange/chrome. 2015 Harley Heritage, 2002 Harley Heritage, 77 Harley Electra Glide, 75 Harley Electra Glide, 72 Harley Sportster (first bike bought new)
    My Spyder Mods
    Rider backrest, F&R cup holders; F3 handlebars; BRP LED driving light; LaMonster front fender and mirror turn signals, LaMonster Saddlebag lights, Auxito LED rear turn signal blubs w/ built in load resistor; Brake lite modulator/flasher; LaMonster flags on trunk; Garmin Zumo XT. LaMonster Bluetooth adapter for Phone & GPS through Spyder speakers. LaMonster floorboard risers; FOBO tire pressure monitors, Vredestein front and rear tires; BajaRon sway bar.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WDAVEY View Post
    Try replacing the LED's with new LED's from Auxito. Theirs come with load resistors built into the bulbs so you don't have to modify the wiring on your Spyder. I used them on my 21 RTL and it was plug and play with no hyper flash.
    Would you please provide a part number or some reference. Not all Auxito come with resistors.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P

Spyder Garage

We bought a couple pairs for our RT's, so far so good. Unfortunately they are discontinued, this is a link for the replacement, they are a bit shorter and will most likely cause less issues with continued use (emergency lights) with the bezel due to heat. I'm sure they'll be more than bright enough!

new part:

https://www.amazon.com/LIGHSTA-BAU15...09JW4THLT&th=1

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmoetorhead View Post
    Had the same problem with my Honda Pioneer 1000. I replaced the stock flasher relay for this one, and it works great. Not sure about Can Am
    fl3-red-led-bulb-electronic-flasher.jpg
    The Spyder does not use a flasher. Flashing is controlled by the firmware in the cluster.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    The Spyder does not use a flasher. Flashing is controlled by the firmware in the cluster.
    Thanks for clarifying this subject.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WDAVEY View Post
    I went to their web site but they didn't have a listing for Can Ams
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

This looks like the replacement bulb https://www.auxito.com/collections/7.../7507-led-bulb. How easy is it to get to those bulbs? I would prefer all LED lights myself. Thanks!
    2022 Spyder RT SEA-TO-SKY Mystery Blue... (bought new May 2023, a work in progress...)

2015 Can-Am Red F3-S, SE6
    CalSci shield, Elka stage 5 rear shock, stage 4 front shocks, Akrapovic silencer, BajaRon Bar, Roadster Renovations vibration dampener, Tricled LED headlights and auxiliary lights, driver floorboard, driver and passenger backrests, Tricled Safety Led package, Shad BRP/SH36 side cases, Baker built luggage rack, Tricled Rear run/brake/turn signal led, Tricled LED piezo brake bullet strobe, JDM Astar LED bulbs for rear and front lights, Airhawk seat pad, USB power outlet

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    This looks like the replacement bulb https://www.auxito.com/collections/7.../7507-led-bulb. How easy is it to get to those bulbs? I would prefer all LED lights myself. Thanks!
    Thanks, I book marked the link.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bangorbob View Post
    Would you please provide a part number or some reference. Not all Auxito come with resistors.
    I'm reluctant to give a part number because the OP has a 16 RT and I bought bulbs for my 21RTL. I don't know if both bikes use the same bulbs, I do know that the bulbs for my 21 have an unusual offset pin arrangement on the base. The pins that hold the bulb in the socket are NOT 180 degrees apart, but are 150 degrees. As far as the load resistors, their website is very specific about which bulbs have resistors, the color of the LED, voltage and wattage etc. If you have more questions you'd be better served to call Auxito,
    2021 Spyder RTL chalk/black/chrome bought in March 21. Previous rides: 2019 Spyder RTL, Orange/chrome. 2015 Harley Heritage, 2002 Harley Heritage, 77 Harley Electra Glide, 75 Harley Electra Glide, 72 Harley Sportster (first bike bought new)
    My Spyder Mods
    Rider backrest, F&R cup holders; F3 handlebars; BRP LED driving light; LaMonster front fender and mirror turn signals, LaMonster Saddlebag lights, Auxito LED rear turn signal blubs w/ built in load resistor; Brake lite modulator/flasher; LaMonster flags on trunk; Garmin Zumo XT. LaMonster Bluetooth adapter for Phone & GPS through Spyder speakers. LaMonster floorboard risers; FOBO tire pressure monitors, Vredestein front and rear tires; BajaRon sway bar.

Spyder Garage

LED's don't create enough load to flash slow ..... it's like in your car if 1 bulb (say the front corner goes out).... the rear corner on same side will brink fast because it only has half the load on it. But if you can put a resistor of the same load in the pos. side of the wire connector, then it will blink same speed as it did the regular bulb in it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-14-2023 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)
    2011 RTS Spyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's your turn signal solution https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1646924 (read the entire thread).

As I note later in the thread, returning to flash rate to normal is tricky and you are unlikely to get it right the first time. The most difficult part is detecting the console symbols flash indicating the next step in the process.

In my experience the flash rate is normal unless you are at a stop for a minute or so in which case the flash rate doubles. It doesn't return to normal until you start moving again.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike